The cancer that is spreading far and wide.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    We never locked our house or vehicle doors in the country when I was very young but that was decades before you were born.
    Have a nice day.

I was hasty in my comment, and out of line to you. I should have given that more thought before posting, and tempered my reply.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    Well I do know of areas where it doesn't happen at all, rural areas in other states. Small town USA without a "diverse" population/culture.

super rural southern ohio it happens. they stop on the road and walk upthe driveways. ransac cars, sheds and carports.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My girlfriend's apartment has cars broken into almost nightly, it seems, and she doesn't live too far from LSU on a rather decent side of town. Some people have even had their apartment doors tested at night while they are home. Criminals are getting braver as consequences are getting lessened.

In Gray TN, I personally know people who don't lock their house when they leave day in and day out. And they leave their keys in their vehicles when they park. Ditto in Jonesborough TN. So while you may have traveled around the world fighting crime, you have not lived nor worked in every town in the USA. To make such broad assumptions shows ignorance.

Yes, there may be crime, but its not near the levels of large metropolitan cities. Not even close.
    I was just in Gray, TN a few weeks ago for a week and loved the area! Johnson City was fun too, but I spent more time in Gray. I can definitely see why people wouldn't mind leaving things unlocked there...

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Soon it will be acceptable that criminals can break into cars. The libs will say it’s better than these animals breaking into houses. Another criminal safe place. They might even suggest we all leave our vehicles unlocked to make it easier for them. Yes it’s that insane.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    My girlfriend's apartment has cars broken into almost nightly, it seems, and she doesn't live too far from LSU on a rather decent side of town. Some people have even had their apartment doors tested at night while they are home. Criminals are getting braver as consequences are getting lessened.

I was just in Gray, TN a few weeks ago for a week and loved the area! Johnson City was fun too, but I spent more time in Gray. I can definitely see why people wouldn't mind leaving things unlocked there...

........and there we have it! As consequences are being lessened

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Austin, its like you are on a different planet up there in NE TN compared to down here. Johnson City is a college town, sort of like Hammond minus a couple huge negatives. And the rolling hills and country side :)

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They had yet another report on the news on Fox last night (channel 8 in New Orleans) somebody was attempting to break into a woman's house and she called 911. The perps broke into her house and stole her car. The NOPD responded 17 hours later! And she called multiple times.

link to article and video: http://www.fox8live.com/2018/10/22/new-orleans-east-crime-victim-upset-over-nopd-response-time/

I live in Kenner My doors are locked! The windows have roll down shutters on them, and help is just seconds away.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    LaPlace is Lil Orleans so not suprised

My wife is from Reserve So we know Laplace. My Brother sold his place in English Colony and moved to Ponchatoula. 10 years ago before the cost of houses there went down

Cbzr1107

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 7, 2018
    Covington
    I have an almost year old Cane Corso. He'll big boy bark when he needs to in certain...situations...otherwise he's pretty quiet unless he's wanting attention.

We live in Covington. Not the best area but really not that bad either. We are in a new neighborhood and there are at least 3 cops on my street. Former military and myself being active. I'm not too concerned with our area as even the houses outside my subdivision has at least 2 or 3 cops living on the street and we still lock everything up. Lol.

Sometimes I think it would be fun to be woken up by him in the middle of the night. Just so I could open the door and watch the hilariousness that ensues. Lol

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Austin, its like you are on a different planet up there in NE TN compared to down here. Johnson City is a college town, sort of like Hammond minus a couple huge negatives. And the rolling hills and country side :)

Absolutely - plus, they have a few really nice beer breweries!

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    I live in Kenner My doors are locked! The windows have roll down shutters on them, and help is just seconds away.

In Ascension Parish, we have this kind of crime occasionally - every time, it turns out to be criminals from New Orleans. For the most part, our homes are protected by Smith and Wesson, Colt, Glock, etc. Our Sheriffs Office works hard, but has a lot of territory to cover, so they are happy to arrive in time to put the perps in cuffs because the homeowners have already captured the criminals. Around here, we don't mess around with criminals and our law enforcement respects the 2nd Amendment.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom