The cancer that is spreading far and wide.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Bmw69ss

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    covington
    I had a gun stolen out of my SUV yesterday in the subdivision across from Delgado at around 2:00 during the day. I was dropping off something at a house in a rush and forgot to lock my truck. Inside for 12 minutes and got back in the truck my console was open looked in and the gun was gone. Glock 30 gen 4 black. No one around had cameras. My truck was parking right in front the door to the house. Keep the cars locked at all times.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Orleans Parish is where the fine young men in this video are from. Just trying to get money to pay the tuition at Tulane. He already has a hoodie, now he needs books and meal plan money.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Orleans Parish is where the fine young men in this video are from. Just trying to get money to pay the tuition at Tulane. He already has a hoodie, now he needs books and meal plan money.

I noted the hoodie and thought it might be a rouse, camouflage of sorts. There are not too many Tulane students shooting up the place, pulling off armed robberies, car jackings, and general thuggery in N.O. imo. But perhaps I am incorrect.

Maybe its Tulane football players....

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I was being totally sarcastic about the Tulane comments. I’m sure he wasn’t a student. Probably got the hoodie from a thrift shop or stole it out of a vehicle or home. I can’t give them credit for wearing clothes to throw off the authority’s. Football player, maybe. Lol

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I was being totally sarcastic about the Tulane comments. I’m sure he wasn’t a student. Probably got the hoodie from a thrift shop or stole it out of a vehicle or home. I can’t give them credit for wearing clothes to throw off the authority’s. Football player, maybe. Lol

Yeah, my bad. I thought about it after the fact and they're not smart enough to plan ahead. Probably stole it from one of the vehicles or got it for free somewhere.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Well I do know of areas where it doesn't happen at all, rural areas in other states. Small town USA without a "diverse" population/culture.

I have been to the majority of states and many dozens of foreign countries and at one time worked fighting crime. Believe me there is crime everywhere.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I just watched a video on the Lakeview Citizen Watch facebook page where what appeared to be juveniles got into an unlocked truck in broad daylight and stole it out of a driveway. All caught on dashcam.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have been to the majority of states and many dozens of foreign countries and at one time worked fighting crime. Believe me there is crime everywhere.

In Gray TN, I personally know people who don't lock their house when they leave day in and day out. And they leave their keys in their vehicles when they park. Ditto in Jonesborough TN. So while you may have traveled around the world fighting crime, you have not lived nor worked in every town in the USA. To make such broad assumptions shows ignorance.

Yes, there may be crime, but its not near the levels of large metropolitan cities. Not even close.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I subscribe to the Crimemapping.com daily reports. Each day I get a list of incidents within a certain distance of my house. I can see the pattern of groups like these guys moving from neighborhood to neighborhood doing the same thing. With all of the cameras, both public and private, you'd think someone would have found a way to track these guys.

Alternatively, in neighborhoods like one where my brother lives, there are only a few ways in or out. It ought to be relatively easy to close them down at the first sign of something like this going on, and then arrest the gang as they try to leave.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The NOPD is half the problem. People in the East wait hours for a response to a 911 call. Sometimes days for non-violent stuff. This was reported on WWL tv news yesterday. The NOPD does not respond to vehicle accidents with zero personal injuries, to write a report. So if you get hit by one of the 1 in 6 driving without any insurance, you're on your own. That's just f**ked up!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    In Gray TN, I personally know people who don't lock their house when they leave day in and day out. And they leave their keys in their vehicles when they park. Ditto in Jonesborough TN. So while you may have traveled around the world fighting crime, you have not lived nor worked in every town in the USA. To make such broad assumptions shows ignorance.

Yes, there may be crime, but its not near the levels of large metropolitan cities. Not even close.

We never locked our house or vehicle doors in the country when I was very young but that was decades before you were born.
    Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom