Airshow in Hammond Oct 20-21 2018

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Today is not a good day, foggy right now and forecast for clouds all day/chance of rain. Tomorrow will be much better, front moving thru region.
    I watched the F-22 fly around for probably 15 minutes yesterday from my front lawn using binoculars, practicing. An amazing aircraft and the maneuvers it was freaking pulling off. Culminated with a aerial parade lap with a WW 2 aircraft. The F-22 alone is worth the admission.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Oh, so THAT's what the F-22's are doing at NAS New Orleans. I got my own up front and personal show yesterday when one of the Raptors (I saw 2) came in in full burner and did a "skid tail" end of runway climb and incredible tight turn. Awesome sight.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Oh, so THAT's what the F-22's are doing at NAS New Orleans. I got my own up front and personal show yesterday when one of the Raptors (I saw 2) came in in full burner and did a "skid tail" end of runway climb and incredible tight turn. Awesome sight.

I was just watching the F-22 perform over our houses with my neighbor like an 1.5 hours ago. It is an amazing aircraft! He is a retired FAC. Now I'm watching Alabama decimate Tennessee. 28-0 and its not even halftime.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I was just watching the F-22 perform over our houses with my neighbor like an 1.5 hours ago. It is an amazing aircraft! He is a retired FAC. Now I'm watching Alabama decimate Tennessee. 28-0 and its not even halftime.

The F-22 and F-35 IMO are our last manned fighter jets -- I think the drone technology has made huge advances in the past 20 years. Fighter jets will be made even more capable and probably cheaper.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Cat, I got closer to the Hammond Airport for the F-22 aerial display today, just down the road. The F-22 didn't take off from Hammond, he flew in from the south, and departed the same way after flying his routine for about 10-15 minutes. Back to NAS NO no doubt. Guess they didn't have a static F-22 on display at the airshow.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I'll watch them take off tomorrow......Military security and stand off distance is required to put a Raptor on static. Amazing that this aircraft is 20 years old -- yes, 1st flight was in 1997 and it was operational in 2005.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom