10/22 Youth Stock & Sights Recommendations?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Anyone have a recommendation for a Ruger 10/22 youth-type stock? Trying to fit an 11-year old and length of pull is a concern.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If you want the traditional wood that really looks no different, little lighter, this one worked great for my boy.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...2-standard-youth-stock-sporter-prod16635.aspx

It’s a backorder item. If you can’t find a youth stock, I’ve got a new factory stock I’m willing to donate to your cause. Measure,straight cut a section off the rear, then fit an aftermarket buttplate. Sounds like a lot of trouble but I did it on a 20ga mossberg years ago and it came out perfect.

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Any experience with a Magpul Hunter X-22? Looks like it has a lot of spacers, could start with a short LOP and then grow with him.

This is for 4-H shooting, and we've already tried a regular factory wood stock which wouldn't work. Appreciate the offer but in probably a year or so we'd be back at the same point as he grows. Rather have something adjustable.

Next step is sights. Use factory irons, a scope, or something in between like tech sights. I actually bought a unique sight for the 10/22 but haven't got around to finding a front sight to go with it. It's a sight base from an M14/M1A/M1 Garand that has been modified to fit the 10/22. Anyone out there tried this and have recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_4606.jpg
      IMG_4606.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 58
    • IMG_4604.jpg
      IMG_4604.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 59
    • IMG_4602.jpg
      IMG_4602.jpg
      84.6 KB · Views: 58
    • IMG_4593.jpg
      IMG_4593.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 60
    • IMG_4595.jpg
      IMG_4595.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 63

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have the Hunter X-22 and like it a lot. I also have the Magpul stock on a Remington 870. If you like the feel of the stock, it's nice to have a similar feel across multiple platforms. And with all the pacers and cheek risers, it's not tough to get a good fit for an individual shooter. I would recommend giving it a try.

Top Bottom