Getting guns back from the court system?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JADSCOOP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Sentencing was set for March 26th. I was told by the Agent. The guns the court are holding for evidence will be returned to me at that time. I will try to get an update from the ATF agent.
    I have been to the prosecuting attorney office on Poydras St. I submitted a Letter of Restitution.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I may have posted in this thread before. But will again since I did not look.
    My guns served 6 months longer than the guy who tried to sell them. The JSPO Had to get on the DA to release them. BTW} the JSPO was great and was also pissed about it.
    The DA had to write a letter saying that they no longer needed them and even though the case was over and he was sentenced he would no do it. I was told he could file an appeal! Even 6 months after he was released they still had them that is till the Nice Captain called up the DA's office and demanded they make a letter out.

Last edited:

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    I may have posted in this thread before. But will again since I did not look.
    My guns served 6 months longer than the guy who tried to sell them. The JSPO Had to get on the DA to release them. BTW} the JSPO was great and was also pissed about it.
    The DA had to write a letter saying that they no longer needed them and even though the case was over and he was sentenced he would no do it. I was told he could file an appeal! Even 6 months after he was released they still had them that is till the Nice Captain called up the DA's office and demanded they make a letter out.

I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that D.A. won't be getting your vote, eh?

Top Bottom