Browning A5 values

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I’ve got an opportunity to buy a couple of a5s both not in great condition. I can’t find any values online for what I’m looking for in the condition these are in. My blue book doesn’t go less than 60%

Both saw water on the buttstocks from the flood. One may have had water in the action.

One is a 20ga A5 magnum vented rib. Rust underneath the trigger guard and some on the loading gate. Fjestad @ 60% is $450. I would rate this one around 30%.

The other is a 12ga A5 Light 12 standard bbl. Has rust on trigger gaurd and other places. Bolt won’t cycle back I’m guessing due to rust. Fjestad @ 60% is $340. I would rate this one around 15%

What I’m looking for is approximate ratings and possible values. I’m trying to see if they would be worth my time to restore them.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I got a bud that worked a gun shop in Metairie for years. He showed up at our annual campout last spring with a Belgium made A5, plain Jane mind you, in 12ga that he paid $250 for that was in the 85% neighborhood and completely functional. I remarked that I thought that was an outstanding deal and he said that it was on the lower end of average retail. The shotguns you mention are not worth the price mentioned if they are in the condition stated. Unless they are even slightly rare, they would not likely go for that if restored.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Thanks for the reply’s. I’ve made an offer and I’ll see if he accepts. I really don’t need either but would compliment the sweet 16 I have.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Look around Tboy. Not real sure about a 20, but I bet you could find a decent 12ga priced better and ready to shoot. I have a 12 and a ‘Sweet Sixteen’ that was given to me. I love to shoot the 12 but only show off the 16.

Top Bottom