Suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cris&joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2016
    Livingston
    My husband purchased a salvo 12 gauge suppressor from lafayette shooters for his 12 gauge keltec shot gun. Well it doesnt work with it. after 20 rounds it starts to jam. He literally took it out once and shot it . So now he wants to sell it. How can we legally do this? What are the proper steps of doing so? It was purchased with a trust over 2 years ago.View attachment 81384 20181023_203832.jpg

Attachments

• 20181023_203719.jpg
      20181023_203719.jpg
      240.6 KB · Views: 233

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Sell it to a buyer in Louisiana if possible. It does not have to go through a dealer to transfer.
    Out of state buyer, need to transfer through a ffl holder with a class 3.
    Fill out the new form 4 when the new buyer (in the state of Louisiana) pays for the can. Fingerprints and passport photo’s are needed. Bill of sale to the buyer to show proof of the purchase. Some Leo notification paperwork to be sent out by the purchaser as well if I’m not mistaken.
    When the new approved form 4 arrives via mail, you can give the can and the approved form 4 to the Louisiana resident that purchased it from you. May be a good idea to document that in some way.
    I purchased a sbs that was on a form 4 that was sold on here. It was seamless.

Sell it cheap enough and I just may take it off your hands.;)

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Does it go through the normal ATF Form 4 process taking approximately 10 months?

Yes.

So you get money from a buyer, fill out all the paper work, you keep the suppressor for 8-10-12?? months waiting on the paperwork, then they finally get the suppressor.
    That takes a lot of trust from the buyer that the seller will not rip them off.
    Plus the buyer still has to pay the $200 stamp ($400 if out of state), doesn't know how many rounds were shot through it, has to trust the seller with his money for almost a year.
    If you take out some risk by going through a dealer, add another $200 stamp to the deal.

That's the reason there isn't much of a secondary market for suppressors.

New for $800 plus $200 stamp = $1000ish. Some buyers have even been burnt by dealer going out of business during the wait.

JMHO
    To take the addition risk of buying used, I'd want to be in it for 1/2 price. $300 plus $200 for stamp = $500.
    If we took out some risk by using a dealer, I'd pay a little more. $200 plus $400 for stamps = $600.
    That is a big loss for the original purchaser, thus not much of a secondary market.

OP, while it is doable it's not easy to find a buyer, and expect a massive loss.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    I'm curious. I'm assuming this is a KSG. How can attaching a suppressor cause a pump action shotgun to jam?

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    My thought also, I think the wrong tool is for sale

Correct. The suppressor is not causing the shotgun to jam. KSGs are notoriously finicky about being racked hard enough and can be picky about ammo. If he is using the same ammo that cycles without the can, my guess is the extra weight is causing a difference in how he pumps the gun and therefore it isn’t cycling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom