First day carrying

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Strick8

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    Permit has been received, and carrying for the first time today. Shield 9 w/laser.

I hope and pray that I never have to take that thing out. But I feel safer knowing I have the opportunity to put up a defense should the need arise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Day one you’ll feel like everyone knows you have it on.

Some things to consider Avoid conflicts, practice practice practice and train train train train.

Strick8

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    Ha! Both of you guys are right on point! And my first outing was to vote, a prohibited location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Congrats. Now do what every red blooded God fearing American pistol packing citizen does their first day of protecting mankind. Go to Walmart

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Congrats. Now do what every red blooded God fearing American pistol packing citizen does their first day of protecting mankind. Go to Walmart

This! Yes! It's like a right of passage. And make sure to engage in a short conversation with the Law Enforcement Officer working a detail there. I always oddly over-enjoyed talking with LEOs while carrying when I first started. Maybe I'm just an oddball though!

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I enjoy my Ruger LCP II carry it just about all the time pocket carry when clothing permits or when carrying as my BUG with an extra mag somewhere on my person and it goes just about everywhere with me... My main carry that I prefer to have with me is my CZ 2075 RAMI and every now and then I grab my CZ 75 P01. Thinking about getting a good holster for my 1911 and when I convert it to 460 Rowland....

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Don’t forget to wear all the 511 gear you can possibly afford. A vest in 100degree weather is always a good cover garment. Bend at the knees so u don’t print while reaching the bottom shelf for the chicken noodle soup.

GulfCoast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2017
    Pascagoula, MS
    As a new CCW permit holder, it is a de facto requirement that you go to your local Wal-Mart for an extended stroll, and especially order Nachos if they are available. Its the circle of life.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    As a new CCW permit holder, it is a de facto requirement that you go to your local Wal-Mart for an extended stroll, and especially order Nachos if they are available. Its the circle of life.

Then you get your first public bathroom experience when the cheap nachos act like a colon cleanse....

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Then you get your first public bathroom experience when the cheap nachos act like a colon cleanse....
    True, first experience in dropping your drawers and not your CCW at the same time! Takes a little practice......

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom