Why Republicans Need to Hold Both Chambers Today! (A Selfish Diatribe)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As I sit here eating my lunch, my mind wanders to the possibilities of the republicans holding the House and the Senate come Wednesday morning, and why it matters to me? Keep in mind I am no fan of ANY politician in general (unless they actually do what they are supposed to), and I lean towards despising democrats even more. Not because they are democrats, but because they are power hungry America haters on top of being power hungry politicians.

But that alone is not what will make me the most joyous if I wake up tomorrow and find out the republicans held on to win both Chambers. No; what will make me most happy is watching all of these phony journalists, and hack news anchor wannabes try to come to terms that like in 2016, the American people have again rejected their BS. I will be giddy like a school boy all day at work anxiously waiting to get home and watch the rundown of each of these professed self ordained know it all's on all of these cheerleading networks try to explain why again, the American electorate must be a bunch of morons that are too stupid to understand that they and the democrats know best.

Can't wait to watch the blame game, the conspiracy theories, the latest post election Apocalyptic scenarios, the vitriol, the disdain for middle American voters, the loathing, etc., etc. It will be a hoot!

I'll say it again and again, these people have got to be complete morons if they keep forgetting over and over that there is video tape of every stupid thing they utter night after night.

Last night, Trump said a republican win would bring us together as a country again because the democrats would finally realize that their sacrosanct elitism and senseless efforts to tame the free will of regular hard working Americans will convince them to try something different other than resist and destroy. I have my doubts about that, but have my fingers crossed nonetheless.

Oh, and I want to see him build the wall! ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The redistricting has made it harder to keep the house. But let’s remember killery had a 98% chance of winning.

Agreed! The real prize is the Senate anyway. Confirmation of Judges across the spectrum is the single most important aspect of the Senate majority. Not to mention having the power to toss democrat nonsense from a democrat controlled House in the trash.

This is what McConnell's office wastebasket will look like most of the day if dems take the house.
    Overflowing-Trash-Can.jpg

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I will vote RED!! all the time and will have a st** eating grin on my face tomorrow if it stays RED
    Wingate

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    I have already watched where election laws are already being violated in several states. Democrat politicians and their help are up at the polling lines handing out info and asking to vote democrat. This was in Texas and in Florida. And one northern state had a sign on the door going in saying vote democrat. Out in Texas, they have this on video.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Channel surfing for election coverage, I’m amused, but not surprised at the difference in spin factor. Much like the POTUS election 2 years ago, FOX and CNN are like night and day in how they’re reporting.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I voted but Fox News just predicted dems regain control

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Looking back, the GOP netted 63 House seats and 6 Senate seats in Obama's 1st midterm.

It looks like the Democrats will net 30+ House seats but lose 4 or more Senate seats in Trump's 1st midterm.

I expected a split decision, and that's what we will get.

The "Blue Wave" wasn't a far fetched dream. It really could have happened and it could have been a lot worse...….

My prediction is that judicial nominees are going to FLY through McConnell's Senate now...…

Be prepared for the Dems circus -- they will use the house to badger Trump with more sham "investigations." BUT, I think this will actually help him/us in 2020. -- Worst case scenario for us would be if the dems actually used their majority to be reasonable/productive.

Good Night!

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I'D say the best case scenario is for wave after wave of worthless bills sent up for grandstanding purposes only.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Looking back, the GOP netted 63 House seats and 6 Senate seats in Obama's 1st midterm.

It looks like the Democrats will net 30+ House seats but lose 4 or more Senate seats in Trump's 1st midterm.

I expected a split decision, and that's what we will get.

The "Blue Wave" wasn't a far fetched dream. It really could have happened and it could have been a lot worse...….

My prediction is that judicial nominees are going to FLY through McConnell's Senate now...…

Be prepared for the Dems circus -- they will use the house to badger Trump with more sham "investigations." BUT, I think this will actually help him/us in 2020. -- Worst case scenario for us would be if the dems actually used their majority to be reasonable/productive.

Good Night!

I agree 100%. Our best case scenario is Pelosi becomes the Speaker again and she and all these radical committee chairs spend their time investigating nothing. 2020 will be huge for Republicans.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

PB,

I don't think her win was more disappointing than the win by Bob Menendez in New Jersey. It was bad enough that these zombies voted for Clinton knowing she had a very suspect and shady past from a criminal justice standpoint, but this guy is a hardcore in your face criminal (though not actually convicted). When your state paper headline reads, just choke it up (and vote for him), you know your electorate has lost all of it's moral values when they do it!

This is where these idiots are in this country! :(

Just to be clear; I wouldn't vote for ANY politician that my research and my heart convinced me was a possible criminal.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    PB,

I don't think her win was more disappointing than the win by Bob Menendez in New Jersey. It was bad enough that these zombies voted for Clinton knowing she had a very suspect and shady past from a criminal justice standpoint, but this guy is a hardcore in your face criminal (though not actually convicted). When your state paper headline reads, just choke it up (and vote for him), you know your electorate has lost all of it's moral values when they do it!

This is where these idiots are in this country! :(

Just to be clear; I wouldn't vote for ANY politician that my research and my heart convinced me was a possible criminal.

So true.

cdpksup1xmfn1com3ptl.jpg

1ifmf6pm0hk3uxc4dlg0.jpg

q6j9kn6iv4u3f8x0biup.jpg

8yq1tfuse458w9f157g1.jpg

Top Bottom