Hybrid Silencer?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tib

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Walker, LA
    Hello all,

I've been saving up for a silencer to put on my Ruger 22/45 or 10/22 (Both of course have threaded barrels).
    I recently bought a T/C Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor to shoot hogs.

I know to most of you familiar with silencers the answer may be obvious , but please have patience with a silencer newbie.

Can I get a silencer for the 6.5 and with an adapter also be effective on the .22?

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yes you can, I have 2 hybrids and love them!!! Also have the sparrow and omega 30... the omega 30 suppresses my 556/308 slightly better than my hybrids and is lighter... but hardly noticeable... the sparrow is super quiet with my 22 standard velocity, my hybrids primary role are on sunbsoinc loads for 9mm 147gr (cz scorpion) 45-70 405gr (t/c encore) they are both very quiet... I have taken prob 10+ deer with my 45/70 subsonic suppresses 405gr hardcast and none of them
    Have ran anymore than 50yrds... any other deer usually stay in food plot or blow a few times and run away... every deer I have seen drop with it drop like they have been shot with a very sharp broad head, they run prob 30-40 yards and stop, look around and start getting weak at the knees and drop, they got no idea they been shot.. also subsonic 220gr .308 are very quiet with the hybrid

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    You do not want to run rimfire through a centerfire can UNLESS its it user serviceable. There are user serviceable rifle cans that exist but rimfire is dirty. You have to be able to take the can apart to clean it or you basically have a silencer with a limited lifetime (unless the dealer will service it for you). Most guys dont want to sh!t up their rifle cans (myself included).

With that being said, get a 30 cal can and a 22 can. This will cover your basis and you will be happy you did so. Not to mention a rifle can on a rimfire (pistol especially) sticks out like a dick on a fish. Too much bulk and weight. I have Omega 30 for my centerfire stuff and a Spectre and Warlock for my rimfire needs. Please do your self a favor and go this route. You will be happy you did in the long haul. Choose wisely because these are essentially life time investments as resale on used cans is slim due to price/practicality.

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    You do not want to run rimfire through a centerfire can UNLESS its it user serviceable. There are user serviceable rifle cans that exist but rimfire is dirty. You have to be able to take the can apart to clean it or you basically have a silencer with a limited lifetime (unless the dealer will service it for you). Most guys dont want to sh!t up their rifle cans (myself included).

With that being said, get a 30 cal can and a 22 can. This will cover your basis and you will be happy you did so. Not to mention a rifle can on a rimfire (pistol especially) sticks out like a dick on a fish. Too much bulk and weight. I have Omega 30 for my centerfire stuff and a Spectre and Warlock for my rimfire needs. Please do your self a favor and go this route. You will be happy you did in the long haul. Choose wisely because these are essentially life time investments as resale on used cans is slim due to price/practicality.

Well said.

I always tell people that, in my opinion, there is no crossover between centerfire rifle cans and rim fire cans. Centerfire rifle cans need to be welded and rim fire cans need to be serviceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Not only does a rimfire can need to be serviceable, but the baffles should be made from something easy to clean. Stay away from aluminum baffles. Stacked baffles are easier to clean than a mono-core, in my opinion.

If you want to eliminate leading in a rimfire suppressor, use the CCI Polymer coated ammo they put out twice a year. Once for Christmas in Red/Green, and once for Independence Day in Red/White/Blue.

You'll still get the carbon build up.

Accuracy is not match grade, but CCI is known for producing a good product.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Don't forget to get a pistol caliber can because once you shoot with the suppresors you will want to suppress your pistols also. I got a 22lr can, a .45 can because it will do all my pistol calibers and then a 30cal can for my rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom