Bots crawling BS?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    At about 2:30 this morning I couldn’t sleep for whatever reason and checked BS and saw something odd... there were 10 members and a ton of “guests” around 650.

Seems really odd to me. Makes you wonder who’s watching us.

Even right now there’s over 400 “guests” and less than 100 members online.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Lol, my bud ran a motorcycle forum for a few years and we had a lot of guest traffic. That’s all it truly is. Somebody googles how to install a timney trigger in their AR, a BS thread title pops up, they start cruising the site. There’s a lotta people online and a lot will wind up here. Not to say that there’s never any agency checking things out, of course they are, just not 650 of them at the same time.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Somebody googles how to install a timney trigger in their AR, a BS thread title pops up, they start cruising the site.
    That's how I found out about this site. I was looking for a local gun forum and this was probably the first to pop up.
    :)

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    If they are watching then I'd better go put my teeth in real quick! Gotta make a good impression!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A lot of those are actually people who have guest accounts looking at posts and what not. We do get a lot of crawlers, but a majority of what you see in the "guests" is actual people.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    A lot of those are actually people who have guest accounts looking at posts and what not. We do get a lot of crawlers, but a majority of what you see in the "guests" is actual people.

I figured one of you guys could see the analytics for the site behind the scenes. I know that bots or crawlers will index sites for searches but it just seemed like a lot at that time of day or morning.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I figured one of you guys could see the analytics for the site behind the scenes. I know that bots or crawlers will index sites for searches but it just seemed like a lot at that time of day or morning.
    Not all that many when you’re talking about the World Wide Web.

Top Bottom