WTB: NOPD Beretta 92 - Finders Fee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Looking for help locating an NOPD stamped 92. These were traded in and were floating around in the 90’s. Please let me know if you know anyone in possession of one that may be interested in selling. I’ll also pay a $50 finders fee if you can point me to one for sale in which I purchase .

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Maybe try to give Barneys police supply in Metairie a call. They handle a lot of the local PDs buy backs. If they dont have one laying around they may be able to source one from one of their stores if they still have one in stock.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I was also going to suggest calling the NOPD academy and talk to the range master to see if they can help you.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Maybe try to give Barneys police supply in Metairie a call. They handle a lot of the local PDs buy backs. If they dont have one laying around they may be able to source one from one of their stores if they still have one in stock.

Doubt they have guns that were taken out of service 20 years ago.

I was also going to suggest calling the NOPD academy and talk to the range master to see if they can help you.

Again, the training staff there turned over quite a few times in the last 20 years. Those old 92’s are long gone.

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I remember when they hit Elliot's (that's a blast from the past) years ago. I didnt grab one back then and always kicked myself. They are stamped on the frame NOPD. A quick google images search of "NOPD Beretta" will show them.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I remember when they hit Elliot's (that's a blast from the past) years ago. I didnt grab one back then and always kicked myself. They are stamped on the frame NOPD. A quick google images search of "NOPD Beretta" will show them.

I bought my very first handgun from Elliot’s Small Arms when I turned 21. Still have the original receipt. A Smith & Wesson model 442.

cetmeguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    New Orleans,Louisiana
    I saw one at the last Kenner gun show a couple of weeks ago, I think I saw it the last couple of shows...the next Kenner show is September 14th....

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Saw an NOPD Stamped one in the used case labeled as a "Gunsmith Special" at Jefferson Gun in Metairie yesterday... very smooth operation and functions, but currently single action only... definitely some issues that need fixing... but its only $295 I think.

Price may be negotiable considering the functionality.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom