Need advice from electrical gurus ( pressure switch for air compressor)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I need to replace the pressure switch on our air compressor in our shop. I have included some pics for you to look at so you can get a better understanding of what I’m replacing as I may not be calling it the correct name. Can I just buy a generic switch from some online vendor or do I need to know more about the amps, voltage or cfm’s as it pertains to the motor and compressor before I buy one. It’s the tan box looking part

6d4d0c0a3f8d068d4e8cb93bb3ae2435.jpg
    20bb494b3d7c7845069556824b871962.jpg
    ecb819b08ea5608185e2b8191e8e62a7.jpg
    81c566f42ceb56c2ecbe75a295bc36d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    pressure switch, pressure control switch, etc...
    as long as the pressure, volts and amps match what is on the label, youll be good.

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Yup, they’re pretty much universal. In addition to matching voltage, you’ll need to verify the air inlet for the pressure cutoff is the same size.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    You can order it online, as long as you get the correct part number. Or take the photos of the switch and the motor data plates with you to Grainger (12455 Airline Highway, BATON ROUGE, LA 70817). Keep in mind the amps on the replacement switch can be higher than the original but NOT lower. You will probably have to adjust the pressure settings. I'd be happy to swap it out for you but I'm too far away.

Home Depot web site shows switches, but they won't handle your size motor. From the full load rating on the switch you probably have a 2 1/2 HP motor.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    A very timely thread- thanks guys for jumping in to help.

My pressure switch crapped out about 6 months ago and I need to replace mine as well here at the house.

On a related note-what is a good brand of quick connects for the air line for the end of my air hose? Go see your buddy at Grainger?

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    On a related note-what is a good brand of quick connects for the air line for the end of my air hose? Go see your buddy at Grainger?

Don’t worry about brand, get one that is a 6 ball. I’d avoid the type that stays unlocked without the fitting. Ie, where you can push the fitting in without having to pull the collar. They don’t seem to hold up as long.

Top Bottom