Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All or nothing

Gold Member

User Info Menu

PA47 vs RAS47 vs Riley Defense

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak...165450430.html

This is the one my eldest son recently bought. I’ve handled it and shot it enough to want one. Not 100% certain about parts compatibility but it appears to be close to standard for furniture fit at the least. I found the entire package to be good quality. Better metal work and finish than most eastern bloc and Chinese variants that I’ve owned or handled. On par with the ruskies I bought in the old days. Seems just a tad heavier than most, but shoots smooth as butter and I found it to be accurate with a very decent trigger. Mag swap was solid with the steel mags he had. We shot S&B steel cased about 4 mags of old Russian surplus and about 300 rounds of RedArmy without any drama. I didn’t shoot any of the guns I brought that day...
    I see one in my future. They also offer one in traditional looking furniture for $550.

Last edited by Magdump; January 4th, 2019 at 06:21 AM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

sheepdog

User Info Menu

Look up akoperatorsunion on YT rob ski is doing a 5k test on the new PSA ak gen 3 that uses forged parts. He is 1k in and seems to think psa will have the ak market if it holds up. Say what you want about PSA but the are constantly improving their ak rifles based on customer feed back

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AK-47/AK...11-/64-159106/

They all fail at some point. This is an excellent thread. The mighty WASR came out on top.

User Info Menu

I have shot the RAS47 and love it. PSA actually has stepped up alot since they purchased DDI not to long ago. Not sure if anyone has shot or owned a DDI but they were the brand name of AKs which was higher end quality for a hair more than a RAS. You honestly cant go wrong with either of the 3 choices. I like Rileys because I am a big fan of the quad rail, which they offer on a few of of their AKs.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Pm sent.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Honest answer is none of those have been proven. I would stay away from RAS for sure, Iím sure they shoot well but testing has shown consistent problems with usage. Stay away from the VSKA (newer model of RAS). Riley and PSA seem to have solid customer service and are moving the American made AK in a positive direction thus far, but time will tell.

Personally I own a WASR and VEPR.