So why does Pres. Trump hate Amazon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    He says that they are killing USPS. But E Bay is ok. To me USPS would be total loss if the net mail order died. What,s the deal here.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Does Amazon have a special pricing deal with USPS? If so, Trump could be erroneously viewing the potential lost revenue as real lost revenue.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Amazon does use USPS for small items or the people that fulfills the order does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They're killing USPS for two reasons:

They forced USPS into a dumb cost table contract (ok, USPS signed onto a dumb cost table contract).

Amazon started its own logistics company that handles the low-cost deliveries.

Amazon then pushes low-cost onto it's Logistics company and pushes high cost onto USPS.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Amazon's delivery service is crap, two of my last 3 orders were lost after years of no problem with UPS or USPS delivery

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    USPS being in the package business had a big advantage over non government companies. It’s not a level playing field. Ups fed ex etc. did what they could to buy votes but it didn’t work. Big govt wins every time.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Amazon's delivery service is crap, two of my last 3 orders were lost after years of no problem with UPS or USPS delivery

Odd. They lost/stole my last 3 orders that went to the new hub by Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    A whole back USPS had. Problems items would leave the New Orleans and not be on the truck where it went. 2 years ago for 3 months I had 3 or 4 do that. Be scanned that it left New Orleans and not be scanned that it arrived in Kenner. I also had one that did make it there. A obsolete Ideal mold. It showed scanned in but never left. 2 weeks later a,guy shows up with it who is not the postman and says it fell behind a table or something. He was a higher up there.

Last edited:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    usps signed a **** contract with amazon for final delivery(from last major hub to your house) fo 7 days a week.
    usps cannot/willnot hire the required workers to get the deliveries done.
    usps gets a penalty from amazon for every "prime" package delivered late. usps often scans prime packages delivered friday or weekends, but they dont show up ill mon or tue.(this is the whole reason amazon started their delivery service)
    amazon warehouse workers made regularly close to $20/hr with incentives, and performance bonuses. when they went to $15 min wage the warehouse guys lost $5k-$10k a year.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm just the opposite. I'd rather have USPS deliver my stuff than FedEx. I've driven up to my house to see FedEx leaving without dropping off or picking up anything. Their official reason was the stop was likely on the driver's manifest but once he got there he probably realized the package didn't make it on the truck. We've had FedEx packages sitting in the middle of the driveway for anyone to see as they drove by. And it's not like it's tough to find a place to "hide" the packages. Our driveway is 500 feet long with trees on either side. And on either side of the driveway at the road is a fence line with trees and bushes. It's almost like he stood at the property line and just tossed the box. And in the latest incident, we got a delivery notice but no package. We had the package rush delivered because it was promotional items for my wife's business we needed for an event. We checked the neighbors and filed a claim. The package showed up the next day, again in the middle of the end of the driveway. I pushed the issue this time. I went down to the delivery office and spoke to a supervisor. 3 packages were all shown delivered at the end of his day and all at the same time but the stops were about a mile apart. It's likely the guy didn't want to have to explain why he didn't make sure all the packages were on the truck so he just marked them delivered when he went to close out his manifest. Or he didn't feel like driving out that far to deliver them that day and he figured he'll just deliver them the following day.

USPS, on the other hand, will hide the packages if they are small and can be easily hidden. If the gate is open, she will drive up to the house and put them on the porch. If the weather looks like it might rain, she wraps them in a big plastic bag. I think the difference is I like in a small town outside of Baton Rouge. So UPS and FedEx have to drive a ways to get here. But there's only one post office and a small number of workers so they know the people they deal with.

BobKaro

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Youngsville, LA
    USPS is the only delivery service that I’ve had good experience here. FedEx has often sent my orders to wrong distribution hubs. UPS seems to have a problem getting items on the right truck, and will sometimes just drive past with out knocking if something requires a signature.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    USPS have been whining for so long... I remember thinking 10yrs ago that if they can't make money off all of the ebay packages then they are a bunch of incompetent a-holes...

Top heavy company with a bunch of greedy bastids at the helm. If they make a poor deal with Bezos well that is their problem. Just another General Motors, these companies just need to pack it in, and someone else will pick up the slack. Nope, taxpayers just keep bailing them out. I guess I should stop being bitter and just start a company, hire 10,000 people and then whine that I am not making any money and the gov't will just give me money...

I, for one, am totally sick of Fedex and their deal with USPS to provide final delivery. Add 3 days to something that should have only taken 3 days to deliver, after it has been in transit with fedex for a week. USPS have given me great service, as has UPS. Fedex is a joke.

Top Bottom