SOLD: SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    This rifle is from right around 1978 and is still in 99.9% factory condition. It has always been in my family. Price is $799.00.
    It has less than 50 rounds through it and has the typical action of rifles from Marlin at that time (don't expect all ammo typically made for revolvers to cycle smoothly and perfectly. Some will, others won't. Rifle ammo is not a problem).

I am in Breaux Bridge and will travel up to Baton Rouge and Lafayette. FTF only and BOS.

Please feel free to IM me with questions.
    Thanks for your consideration.

tjTpBDNm.jpg

The following link contains additional pics.

https://imgur.com/a/QVgRdfO

Last edited:

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Pistol ammo is generally more short and stubby. It will cycle well in revolvers at weights from 180gr's up. These 185gr (IE) shorter rounds will typically not cycle as well in many Marlin lever guns from the 70's. Some of the longer pistol cartridges using longer bullets like a 225gr or longer will work well in these Marlin rifles.
    Back around the late 70's or early 80's Hornady decided to do something about this as well as to upgrade the quality of hunting ammo. They designed what is called the LEVERevolution ammo that was more accurate and had better and safer feeding characteristics from tubes and magazines. It is often referred to as rifle ammo when talking about 44Mag ammo.

This rifle loves the Hornaday LEVERevolution round. It will also cycle longer pistol ammo such as heavy bullet 240gr WWW ammo. It does not like rounds such as UMC 180gr loads.

I have no experience with 44 lever rifles other than this one and cannot comment on their characteristics.

Last edited:

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Last bump.

If this rifle doesn't sell by 2019, it's off to the gun show or back in the safe.

Thanks for your consideration !

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom