Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    On Target

User Info Menu

Has Trump gone mad!

Trump raises eyebrows last week by (doing an Obama thing) and not going to Arlington on Veterans Day. Now he is screwing 2016 flood victims who had hoped for relief of the stupid duplications of benefits law. Seems he is not signing the waiver required for Hud to change rules to release the Restore money. I have been a conservative Republican for most of my life but it seems Trump does not represent me. The days of voting across the board for republicans is gone. It appears that Trump will join Carter and Obama in the bottom of list of US Presidents. My 2 cents worth.

Moving forward

User Info Menu

You’re having regrets about not voting for Hillary?

Pops

User Info Menu

What make me mad is all the people who don’t buy flood insurance and then bitch the government hasn’t paid for their home to be completely fixed at no cost to them. I have and always had flood insurance and got about half of what the damages were. This is due to a number of flood insurance regulations like depreciation and deductibles. Someone please tell me how the building materials the home is built with deprecate but my home value has increase in the same time frame.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mforsta View Post
    What make me mad is all the people who don’t buy flood insurance and then bitch the government hasn’t paid for their home to be completely fixed at no cost to them.
    THIS!!!! The more people that buy flood insurance the cheaper it will be for all...

I have and always had flood insurance and got about half of what the damages were. This is due to a number of flood insurance regulations like depreciation and deductibles. Someone please tell me how the building materials the home is built with deprecate but my home value has increase in the same time frame.
    The building materials depreciate. Every item has a usable lifespan. Modern homes have a generous lifespan of about 100 years say... OTOH, the lots have appreciated. Reconstruction rates and replacement values are not the same as market value (think of an average home in an average neiborhood. Not put a duplicate of that home in the ritziest neighborhood in town, and another in the worst neighborhood nearby. It doesn't cost more to rebuild or repair any of the three. BUT resale would be vastly different. Make sense?). I don't always agree with the depreciation tables but they are usually state approved and regulated.

...IANAL... but I am an insurance agent...
    "Be water, my friend..."

Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

Ya don't pay, ya don't play!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CatCam View Post
    The way it should be, too many with their hand out.

No sir, I ain't.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
    You’re having regrets about not voting for Hillary?
    I doubt it. I have many concerns about our current POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by CatCam View Post
    While I generally agree, the whole "flood insurance" thing was not understood. Many folks didn't believe they needed flood insurance because they were not in a flood zone. Lots of folks didn't understand their risk to flooding due to the information they had being incorrect. That and the whole I-12 dam thing. I'd really like to understand it's impact.
    Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I consider all areas flood zones. I think I live in an area where people are safe drivers but I still carry auto insurance. I know it’s the law in most places to have auto insurance. Your home is usually your biggest asset, why not take every step to protect it? Flood is way too cheap in non flood zones not to have. It won’t make you whole but it does help. During Harvey we were the only people on our street that had flood. 40% of our neighborhood flooded. We did not. When your house backs up to a river and you don’t have flood insurance, shame on u. I heard time and time again, it never floods around here. Well guess what, times have changed. I feel for those who flooded because we flooded in Katrina.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I have had a flood policy since 1992 when I bought. If I want someone to cover my home for a flood I call them. and have.
    Also, I am still paying an additional one for Katrina since The State Run did does not have enough to cover the policyholder's claims.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Think Trump put the sausage to you,Wait until Hilderbeast wins in 2020
    I carry a 250k flood policy....and I don't live in a flood zone...until it does!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.