Red Flag Law Killed Maryland Gun Owner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Joining the military in this is context would insinuate that I go look for fights, but I’m quite the opposite. I don’t look for any fights, but I’ll hold my own if they find me and there is no way out. I think most can agree with that.

You’re missing the point. I was merely being facetious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Motors, I pray a LEO doesn’t show up in uniform to meet with Jstokes to buy one of the guns he has for sale.

There’s no telling what might happen.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    I can agree up to the point that blood is shed needlessly when there is a legal system. Elvis going for his gun when we have legal recourse implies he intended to kill cops for enforcing a court order, illegally. That is a slippery slope; where does it end? Shoot a trooper for an improperly calibrated radar gun? Kill a store dick in a mistaken identity shoplifting case?
    If society crumbles and our legal system collapses, where there is no appeal or recourse, then of course, light them up! But as long as we have a legal system and the courts are open for business, employ them. Elvis could be alive and well, sitting on a big civil judgement, had he let them wrongly take him into custody. The best part is, that wasn't why they were there- nobody was getting arrested or even detained! It was an asset forfeiture. Its hard to claim self defense there, it was no different than a car being repossessed. They weren't after him, they were after his property. Petition and SUE!

How did the justice system work for Randy Weaver and his family?

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Motors, I pray a LEO doesn’t show up in uniform to meet with Jstokes to buy one of the guns he has for sale.

There’s no telling what might happen.

I mean, I have bought ammo from police under a bridge before and I haven't broken any laws nor have a criminal record (sold many guns on this site), so what's the issue here and what is the point of your comment? Your straw-man argument sounds a little like slander to me. I never said that my issue is with police in general, but I do not believe in the "just following orders defense" for unconstitutional laws that lead to human rights violations.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Magblumpkin- Sorry about your literacy issues, they only became evident in the first line of your last reply. I would have made a video reply had I known earlier in the thread. There are some cool programs/ apps that convert text to speech, I will provide a link. Perhaps then you'll get more out of it.

I think you attempted to say the homeowner wasn't certain if they were police or intruders. That was spelled out (sorry, no pun intended) clearly in the video (in audio, not print), so I am not sure where the confusion lies. He spoke with officers face to face for over a minute before going back inside for his gun; he did NOT mistake them for intruders or burglars.

Please! Please! Please! I implore you! Do not give up on me! We could be the next Hannity & Colmes, minus the TelePrompter, of course.

It was a simple lapse in judgement, that I had the unmitigated gall to have an opinion that differed from yours. It could happen to anybody. It's just that most of us don't insult other dissenting forum members right out the gate, including me. I made a post that you disagreed with, and before presenting logic or reason, you went to insulting me based on your perception that I am a member of a group that rejected you. I always let you guys draw first blood, because I don't feel so bad about beating you senseless in a debate.
    Predictably, you avoided presenting a sound argument and threw a few insults. That goes to the junior high mentality I spoke of earlier. In a serious conversation, otherwise involving adults, your contribution was effectively, "I know you are, but what am I?" I can't imagine why a government agency passed over a skilled litigator like you. More importantly, I don't know why you're angry. Adults disagree all the time.
    Promising NEVER to give up on you, Big Brother

P.S. Your reply (attached below) to the other post suggests that you are not averse to shooting any cop that you feel wrongs you. If these guys are as corrupt and blood-thirsty as you say they are, you just gave them a green light and a free pass for a "suicide by cop" defense. It was not even said in confidence; it was published for the entire world to see, as a matter of record. You're quite the strategist. I can't imagine why an agency wouldn't want you to represent them.
    Quote attached, from Magdump to Motor51: "You’ve given yourself away, asking me that question, and buddy, lemme tell you, if I have to make a life or death choice any time a cop comes into contact with me there’s a problem. Like there’s no other choice? Are you serious?"
    Sadly again you’ve typed more than I care to read. Literacy issues. Real polite insult there and a very ignorant one. Let me keep it short and simple. Take your insults and go make a video and be all punchy. Adding you to my ignore list. Conversation and even debate can be accomplished without the childish insults.
    The belief that all people should comply with all orders at all times or things will escalate to who knows what level is the basis of my arguement. For some reason too many people are suddenly convinced that rights and due process don’t matter. And worse, contact as innocent as a traffic stop or a wrong address wind up leading to people dying. Just the ones we hear about are too many. When I see people so quick to judge and say how the dead person asked for it I have to ask why they came to that conclusion. Do you not see another alternative?
    Do you think that the killing was the only option?
    I’ve seen cops take offense to people inside their own home asking to see a warrant. Take offense to people disagreeing when the cop is wrong. Taking offense when the person involved tries only point out they’ve mistaken them for someone else or attempt to prove their innocence. When people begin to accept that this is all ok and that if you question a LEO you are flirting with death....time to wake up.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    8175742afcf8d227545d18f5520b8721.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Watch it, he’s doing things under a bridge now

You got that right, currently trying to peddle my guns to homeless people. I prefer payment in soda cans and old shopping bags, the way the forefathers intended.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I think the mods should close this thread. Seems to be derailed and the petty party is in full force.

I like your style. You made a post blocking the person you don’t want to hear from and now you want the whole thread closed?

Is this really happening?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yeah, that makes me think you guys are just here to start turdage. I like being a part of a discussion but this one is done.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yeah, that makes me think you guys are just here to start turdage. I like being a part of a discussion but this one is done.

It’s done for you because you blocked people. That means you no longer have to look at the thread so why would you want it blocked? I’ve seen plenty of **** shows on here and you never wanted them closed. Quit taking it personal, you can still disagree and laugh. It’s easy to see you are taking it personal because you went as far as to block someone over it.

Last edited:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I mean really, this thread went from a Red Dawn style uprising to people shoving their fingers in their ears and yelling stop because words hurt(ignore button and called for the thread to be closed).

I’m impressed and disappointed all at once.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Motor, I visit here for my enjoyment and, believe it or not, lend a hand here and there as a few folks might attest. I don’t come here for childish antics and to be insulted for speaking my mind. When the insults fly it’s time for me to go. Big difference in taking offense to something said and insulting someone. Sometimes it’s just better to ignore childish behavior.
    Peace.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Motor, I visit here for my enjoyment and, believe it or not, lend a hand here and there as a few folks might attest. I don’t come here for childish antics and to be insulted for speaking my mind. When the insults fly it’s time for me to go. Big difference in taking offense to something said and insulting someone. Sometimes it’s just better to ignore childish behavior.
    Peace.

If I ignored everyone who insulted me or my profession I would be pretty lonely on here. It’s just the internet and I treat it as such

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Please, pretty please, don't shut me out of your life! You're willing to take the last few hours (sniffle) and just throw them all away?!? Anything but that! The constitutional scholar that you are, surely you recognize the "cruel and unusual" nature of that punishment.
    Here we are again at the maturity part. Oh well. You hurl insults at me, call me out, then run when I respond in kind? Most notably, you avoided the questions I asked, particularly about being rejected by dep't. psychiatrist. Apparently I hit a nerve. An old man in my neighborhood used to say, "I may not have worked on your car before, but I worked on 20 others just like it, so I know what to expect." From phony Navy SEALS to politicians, a cornered man behaves predictably. Any gambling men here want to give odds on a rejection letter being on file at a gov't agency somewhere? 8:5? 2:1?
    It is my hope that whether consensus is reached or not, BS members' ideas can be kicked around here. I understand some issues devolve into insulting and arguing, but it's poor form to begin them that way, FFS! At the very least, threads should be thought provoking enough to afford each member an opportunity to mentally rehearse what he/she would do in a given situation. Mental preparedness is everything and it costs nothing. The smart man learns from his mistakes; the smarter man learns from others' mistakes.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom