Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789 LastLast
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Four pages of this thread with probably 300 yards of text...and I'm confused why people are arguing.

Summary from the video (save you five minutes):
    Police (lawfully, under a possibly unlawful law, but with valid court order) attempt to take a firearm(s) from an individual. Upon doing so, individual grabs firearm and struggles with cop. During struggle, a round is fired. Other cops immediately shoot individual. Individual dies.

I'm all for supporting a cause, but there is a time, place, and method of doing so. When surrounded by a bunch of guys with guns, grabbing a gun is illogical regardless of the situation. If Rosa Parks was sitting on the bus and told to get up or die immediately, she would be silly to choose death. In this case, that is what that guy did. He could have peacefully argued his side and likely won. The cops have to deal with dumbasses every day and are trained to do what it takes to keep themselves from getting shot so they can go home to their families.

Is the law legal? If it were to go to the Supreme Court, I lean towards probably not. But it is the current law and law enforcement did their job. At the ripe age of 60, the man was surely familiar about court systems and how they work. He choose to fight over a gun with a bunch of guys with more guns and presumably training specifically aimed (no pun intended) at winning a fight with a guy wrestling over a gun...
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

No shit? PHI? Did you know his history or reputation at that time? More than once I met someone of consequence, but I didn't know their significance until after the meeting. It was unfortunate for me; a wasted opportunity.
    Last edited by enigmedic; December 3rd, 2018 at 07:36 PM.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by enigmedic View Post
    No shit? PHI?
    PHI?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Petroleum Helicopters Inc. At one time they were the largest helicopter transportation company in the gulf, might still be. They contract to both medical and rig companies.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Petroleum Helicopters Inc. At one time they were the largest helicopter transportation company in the gulf, might still be. They contract to both medical and rig companies.
    Are they still big?

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

No shit? PHI? Did you know his history or reputation at that time? More than once I met someone of consequence, but I didn't know their significance until after the meeting. It was unfortunate for me; a wasted opportunity.
    If your referring to me then yes, His service and reputation was well known in the Gulf
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    If your referring to me then yes, His service and reputation was well known in the Gulf
    That's cool. When I was still active duty, I had the occasion to meet some celebrities, professional athletes, politicians, dignitaries, etc. When showing photo albums and asked who was the most memorable, I usually have 1 reply. By sheer chance I got to meet the father of Jacques Fontan, Navy SEAL killed on Turbine 33, the downed helo from Operation Red Wings. Jacques was a Louisiana native and quite a remarkable man.
    I always marvel when people say NBA players or the like should be held to a higher standard, or punished more severely, for their indiscretions because they are "role models." If a child was raised with the notion that throwing a ball further or running faster than the next guy makes someone a good person and a mentor, that poor kid didn't have a chance anyway. Our country is full of people who are true role models; who sacrificed much more, for much less money. Their names should be on bridges, public buildings, and in the public eye.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

That's cool. When I was still active duty, I had the occasion to meet some celebrities, professional athletes, politicians, dignitaries, etc. When showing photo albums and asked who was the most memorable, I usually have 1 reply. By sheer chance I got to meet the father of Jacques Fontan, Navy SEAL killed on Turbine 33, the downed helo from Operation Red Wings. Jacques was a Louisiana native and quite a remarkable man.
    I always marvel when people say NBA players or the like should be held to a higher standard, or punished more severely, for their indiscretions because they are "role models." If a child was raised with the notion that throwing a ball further or running faster than the next guy makes someone a good person and a mentor, that poor kid didn't have a chance anyway. Our country is full of people who are true role models; who sacrificed much more, for much less money. Their names should be on bridges, public buildings, and in the public eye.
    I agree 100%, I missed Kris Kristofferson by a few years, He also flew for PHI and hated it, This was at Eugene Island 208/209
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

User Info Menu

I am surprised at how many Bayou Shooter members are submissive, or outright supporting this law. Just saying. And if that comment doesn't apply to you, please don't take offense. If it does apply, , I'm not saying it to offend. Just an observation

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I am surprised at how many Bayou Shooter members are submissive, or outright supporting this law. Just saying. And if that comment doesn't apply to you, please don't take offense. If it does apply, , I'm not saying it to offend. Just an observation
    Psst...Now that we have the Lib-tards focused on this and the bump stock ban, The plan is to run something great thru the channels like repealing the gun control act of 1934 and the ban on importing certain surplus firearms.