Greensboro North Carolina Purchases Gen 5 Glocks.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Greensboro North Carolina with over 700 Officers recently transitioned from Sig P320 pistols to Gen 5 G19 pistols.

Greensboro, NC Police Department Chooses Glock as Official Duty Weapon
    SMYRNA, Ga. – -(AmmoLand.com)- Nov 12, 2018 GLOCK, Inc. is pleased to announce that Greensboro Police Department in North Carolina has selected GLOCK as their sidearm of choice.
    The list of agencies who put their trust in GLOCK pistols is continuing to grow as local and state agencies trade in their current competitor pistols for the newest generation of GLOCKs. Since the development of the commercial version of the GLOCK M pistol used by the FBI, the 5th Generation of GLOCK pistols has been the focus of interest among the majority of the transitioning departments.
    The Greensboro Police Department has 700 sworn officers who protect their community of over 290,000 residents. Greensboro recently transitioned from Sig Sauer P320 to the GLOCK 19 Gen5 with Ameriglo BOLD sights.
    *The Greensboro Police Department has had a great experience with our recent GLOCK handgun transition, said Greensboro Chief of Police Wayne Scott, *I believe this product works well for our officers and our community.* Greensboro PD has fully outfitted their department with new duty pistols and is confident in the platform.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Is there a reason why the 19 instead of 17

I suppose personal choice same as NYPD. The G17 is most common for Uniformed Officers with G19 for Plain Clothes and G34 is quite popular with SWAT Teams.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Good for them. The P320 is a fine pistol (I have about 4,000 rounds through mine), but holy hell is the trigger group a pain to disassemble and reassemble. In comparison, the Glock can be stripped and reassembled by a blind squirrel with a twig.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom