City of Ponchatoula has NO RESPECT

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    As you all know George H.W. Bush, 41st President of the United States died Friday 30 Nov 18. President Trump ordered all flags to be flown at half staff through sunset Sunday 2 Dec 18 and all federal and military flags to be flown at half staff for 30 days.

I was in town saturday and the flag WAS NOT at half staff.

As a citizen and a United States Navy veteran of 11 years I am beyond appalled at the shown lack of respect for the man who served this great nation in public service most of his adult life starting at the age of 18 as a Naval Aviator.

If the Mayor of Ponchatoula cannot show respect for a former President Of the United States I question his patriotism as well as his leadership. This man needs to be fired as he has been in the job to long and is part of the problem.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    As you all know George H.W. Bush, 41st President of the United States died Friday 30 Nov 18. President Trump ordered all flags to be flown at half staff through sunset Sunday 2 Dec 18 and all federal and military flags to be flown at half staff for 30 days.

I was in town saturday and the flag WAS NOT at half staff.

As a citizen and a United States Navy veteran of 11 years I am beyond appalled at the shown lack of respect for the man who served this great nation in public service most of his adult life starting at the age of 18 as a Naval Aviator.

If the Mayor of Ponchatoula cannot show respect for a former President Of the United States I question his patriotism as well as his leadership. This man needs to be fired as he has been in the job to long and is part of the problem.

Go to the City Hall and voice your displeasure with the lack of respect. A Dollar to a Donut says they will lower their Flag to half staff.

I called 985-386-6484 and left a message for the Town Clerk relative to this. Bayou Shooter should flood them with calls today.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Did you check today? The notice went out Saturday and could be it went to the mayors office and they didn't get it until this morning. Reread your post. Only federal buildings should be flown at half mast until Dec 30. All others until sunset last night. Too late to lower the flag. I did notice a city park here had the flag lowered this morning.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The City Clerk returned my call, was very courteous and understanding and it said should have been taken care of and one large flag in town did not belong to the town.
    You may want to look again.

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    It is now at half mast. But to my knowledge the flag pole belongs to the City of Ponchatoula, it does not matter who "owns" the flag flying. It should not take 2+ days to get a flag lowered to honor a man who was President much less anyone else who this honor is given.

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Did you check today? The notice went out Saturday and could be it went to the mayors office and they didn't get it until this morning. Reread your post. Only federal buildings should be flown at half mast until Dec 30. All others until sunset last night. Too late to lower the flag. I did notice a city park here had the flag lowered this morning.

I am well aware of what I wrote, as I looked it up this morning to ensure I posted correctly on the issue. As far as the notice being issued after hours on a friday. I guess those that work in the mayors office live under a rock and don't come out until Monday morning to go to work? That would be the only way someone could not have heard a former President had died

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    My brother just got a call from the Mayor Pro Temp (he called her and left a message earlier) and was told that the City had to wait for an order from the Governor to be able to lower the flag and they received it this morning.

What kind of BS is this.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Why not just do this?

The flag shall be flown at half-staff thirty days from the death of the President or a former President; ten days from the day of death of the Vice-President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice of the United States or the Speaker of the House of Representatives; from the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a Secretary of an executive or military department, a former Vice-President, or the Governor of a state, territory, or possession; and on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.*

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My brother just got a call from the Mayor Pro Temp (he called her and left a message earlier) and was told that the City had to wait for an order from the Governor to be able to lower the flag and they received it this morning.

What kind of BS is this.

That was a lame ass excuse.

I went round and round with the Post Office's I used to pass at night about how they displayed our flag.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

What kind of BS is this.
    Yeah...that is pure D horse hockey....
    To the OP, next time something like this happens, contact me here and we can ride over to Ponchy (I’m in Hammond) and you can video me lowering the flag to half mast...and whatever transpires thereafter.

Last edited:

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Yeah...that is pure D horse hockey....
    To the OP, next time something like this happens, contact me here and we can ride over to Ponchy (I’m in Hammond) and you can video me lowering the flag to half mast...and whatever transpires thereafter.

I'd be in on that too. If enough of us went it might make a statement

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'd be in on that too. If enough of us went it might make a statement
    I doubt they’d notice me during the 2 minutes I’d be there lowering the flag to half mast and leaving a note taped over the tie point, but a couple peeps to run interference might work out well, just in case.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

What kind of BS is this.
    I think that's ******** . That's not a State flag . The order comes from the Federal Government .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom