Join BayouShooter For Free
Interstate Guns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All or nothing

User Info Menu

.300blk youth hunter

Quote Originally Posted by frhunter13 View Post
    Whats wrong with a good old thuty thuty? My kids were fine with them and they are quite safe with a bit of mandatory training. I just don't get this whole 300 blackout thing.
    Actually pretty smart for a younger hunter when most rifles have a length of pull/buttstock thatís just too long to manage. A carbine stocked AR can be just the ticket, and there are other calibers to choose from, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC.. so the choice for an AR really just amounts to choosing the rifle that fits, not so much the caliber. Add the right stock and collapse until they can properly shoulder the rifle. Thereís a couple of really small Magpul stocks with generous cheek weld real estate and a smaller buttplate that will work well.

I let my 7 year old shoot one of mine with a dedicated .22LR upper and itís easier for him to manage that the 10/22.
    Throw in a round at least as potent as 7.62x39 and a youngster can get it done all day long.
    Last edited by Magdump; December 13th, 2018 at 07:28 AM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sorry for the late response.

Here is the result. He did make a bad gut shlt while it was walking at a good speed, luckily we found it hours later.

Frhunter13- my main reason is my son gets nervous shooting a new gun. He is already comfortable with my AR, so all fingers pointed to the .300blk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181209_163059.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	270.0 KB 
ID:	82723  

On Target

User Info Menu

Awesome!! Congrats!

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Neil09 View Post
    Sorry for the late response.

Here is the result. He did make a bad gut shlt while it was walking at a good speed, luckily we found it hours later.

Frhunter13- my main reason is my son gets nervous shooting a new gun. He is already comfortable with my AR, so all fingers pointed to the .300blk.
    There yah go!!! Congrats man!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Mary's gone Cedric's next

User Info Menu

Congrats on the venison.
    Last edited by DBMJR1; January 9th, 2019 at 07:44 PM.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

On Target

User Info Menu

Iím sure this will provoke a lot of objections but I wanted to offer my own experience. When I was a kid I was handed an M1 carbine to use on deer hunts. I killed my first deer with it. The areas we hunted rarely presented a shot more than 75 yards. Before I was taken hunting I had to earn the privilege by demonstrating an ability to operate, clean, assemble and safely handle the carbine. The carbine with hollow point soft nose bullets is barely capable but it was a good size for me and recoil is almost negligible. Itís easy to use and lightweight, and there are several sizes of magazines available (5,10, 15, 30). The cartridge specs are similar to the 300blk. It served me well into my mid-teens. Fifty years later I still love shooting it, although I donít use it for deer hunting anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk