Need help with windows 10

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I wiped my laptop just to clean it up. Its 4 years old and was dragging. Now when I receive a PDF in an email it tries to convert the document to a WORD format. It's a pain
    I think it asked me once how it wanted me to open these files.. I might have clicked on wrong thing.. how do I change this back to what I had before? If I save the file and then left click and select open with... I have no option other than WORD

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    You have to install Adobe Acrobat and then it should give you the option to select acrobat to read it or it should just associate it by default when you install Acrobat. It is a free download from Adobe's website.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Linux/Kubuntu > windows.........anyday... much more user friendly.

I have a desk top. That was a dollar. That ru be on Liua like just fine. But my laptop that came with Windows 8 is staying thgzt way. I streamlined it by not using the pay to play stuff when it was new. I installed Firefox since I was used to that when I ga Ubuntu. And installed Open Office and other things that were free. And they took up less space. My wife just got a new HP Laptop and will do the same use the Windows 10 As she is used to that and install Open Office and other free things as not to pay MS for theirs [ b] I was able to get the now older laptop running as I installed BleachBit. And run it. I had it on everything way back when it was C Clean. If it is good enough for the Clinton's...........

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Linux/Kubuntu > windows.........anyday... much more user friendly.

I tried Linux before. I don't remember what flavor, it was a while ago but I think it was ubuntu, but that one was far from user friendly. I was running a Plex media server and had to change the permissions for each file copied and folder created to get Plex to see them. Linux is more secure and more easily customizable but I'll stick with MacOS.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The reason I went with Ubuntu and now Mint was I needed an Operating System and it was free. It worked well used hardly any resources and was no need for Virus protection.
    But no way am I getting rid of good working Windows. And I am sure he is used to Windows as an OS. Just like My wife is used to it. But no reason to not use free software to make it run better and keep it clean

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom