Who shoots at Nicks or Honey Island?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I'm a regular at Nick's. Not so much during this time of the year.
    I will be making more trips to out there around the middle of January when Nick starts his pistol matches up again. Will be out there most Sunday and every other Thursday.

hipslim

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Hammond,LA
    I shoot at Nick's all the time. Easy to get to from Hammond where I am.

Yankchef

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2017
    New Orleans
    What are the details on the shooting matches at nick's? I shoot plate matches at sbisc but they are only on Fridays
    I go to honey island every now and then but sbisc is my go to

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Nick's Matches started last Sunday. They are held at 8:30 am on Sunday and 6 pm on Thursday. Usually 5-6 stages per match that is all PAR timed. 12 rotating matches that progress from easy to harder. Limited and Open divisions, Master, A, B, C, classes. There is a yearly championship match at the end of September and you have to shoot at least 18 matches to qualify. Great for ordinary people to learn the skill needed if they need to use their weapon for self defense. Targets are all Nick's designed and are in white, red, and black with the scoring zones marked. Each match consist of 60 rounds and possible 600 points. You need at least 3 magazines for some of the reloading stages. Beginners start in the ready position, higher classes draw from holster. Hope this helps.
    PS they normally shoot 5 lanes at a time, everyone helps with taping and scoring.

rje0036

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2018
    New Orleans, LA
    I shoot at Honey Island frequently and enjoy it. Very well maintained and ran. The RSOs there are great too. Looking at going to FTD though to start some long range shooting.

Rougarou

Wanderer of the Wasteland
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    St. Charles Parish
    At what place.

Sorry, I clicked the wrong reply button. I was intending to reply to Cdaniel76. First trip to Honey Island was Sunday. I took the opportunity to put in an application to the Louisiana Shooting Assn. while I was there.

If anyone else was there noonish on Sunday I was the guy with the rivet gun (m1a) on lane 9.

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    Sorry, I clicked the wrong reply button. I was intending to reply to Cdaniel76. First trip to Honey Island was Sunday. I took the opportunity to put in an application to the Louisiana Shooting Assn. while I was there.

If anyone else was there noonish on Sunday I was the guy with the rivet gun (m1a) on lane 9.

I'm glad you enjoyed your day with us. I may see you out there some day. I have an M1A and an M1 as well.

Cajuncappy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    St James Parish
    Up early this morning gonna head to Nicks to check em out and maybe get some shooting in but my nose started running eyes crying and sneezing
    fits. No shooting for me today

Top Bottom