Best compound bow on a budget?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alozcarney

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Seattle, WA US
    I have been using a horton crossbow for years, but now i want to get in to the compound bow scene, SO...... what bows are quality, durable, and reliable? My father shoots and Hoyt, and my buddy shoots a BEAR, and my uncle shoots PSE. I've heard good and bad about bears, but i don't know much about the PSE and Hoyt. Granted, my father is on of those "to be the best you have to buy the best" kind of guys, so i will assume that a hoyt is an expensive lil booger.

Last edited:

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Pse makes some of the best budget bows anywhere. Also some of the best top of the line bows. .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Lot of good deals on used compounds can be found and will give you the most bang for your buck. Like firearms, everyone has their opinion on best so I'd shoot as many as possible. Will say that after 20 years of shooting compounds, I got bored with how far from a stick and string they have come and wanted something more simple and traditional. Sold them all and haven't looked back. Only shoot recurves and longbows now and would highly recommend giving them a try as well.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Used Mathews!!! Get some great deals on already loaded out bows. Worst case you would have to spend $50’for a cam change for your draw length

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I've bought all my bows on archerytalk. com. in the classifieds section. I'm about to buy another. This would make 5 bows now since 2008. For example I'm buying a bow with a msrp of $1049 from 2018. The seller is asking $475 for a brand new(2018 model) high end bow with factory warranty. Most sellers offer free shipping and some great deals can be found for some of the top names in archery. If you can wait until bow season is over the classifieds will be flooded. Lots of people buy the latest and greatest flagship bows from year to year and sell last years model.

good luck

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I'm late to the party, but last year I was a complete newbie to archery. I bought a Bear Cruzer II, and as best I can tell, I haven't exceeded the bows abilities yet. It may not be the quietest in the woods, but I'm not good at judging things like that. I will say I had a deer duck an arrow last year, but she was already a little spooky before the arrow flew.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom