Fair value on an AR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    So, the majority of folks here on Bayou Shooter are pretty knowledgeable on fair asking prices, so I thought I’d throw this out there and get some thoughts and opinions.

I have a Bushmaster AR that my coworker wants to buy from me. Trying to gauge a fair asking price so that both he and I come out good in this deal.

It is a Bushmaster XM15-E2S Quick Response Carbine manufactured in 2016. Magpul MOE fixed stock with butt-pad extension giving it a 13 inch length of pull (my personal preferred LOP). Mission First Tactical Handguard with a GVN angled foregrip, a flip up polymer front sight (not sure of manufacturer) and a Sightmark Ultra Shot optic. I have approximately 800 rounds fired though the rifle.

Based on all this info, what would ask for this rifle? Or what would you be willing to pay for it? Any help is appreciated. Thank you. Who Dat?!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    600?

Only reason I say that is Bc you can easily build sub 500 dollar AR’s now a days. And the fixed stock and hand guard is to your liking but not necessarily what’s *hot* right now.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    $650 would prob be a fair price for you and him. I few years ago, value may have been more. But in a flooded market, all the deals out there and the number of manufacturers out there...pricing has been driven down.
    Looks like a new stock rifle in the model is going for $599-$699. So, $650 is fair considering the extras you have included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Thank y’all so much! That is right around what I was thinking as well. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t way off or anything. Much appreciated!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Bayou shooter pricing formula.
    MSRP+20%
    Now let's be fair. Sales here may be 20 percentage point more than MSRP BUT.
    On pistol sale add in an Unlcle Mikes,type holster and a half box of ammo. And some other great package on a rifle. The good stuff gets sold asap. But the not cheap or fairly priced stays. Just like any place else.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I buy and sell used guns for a living. The 700 and walk away 650 price sounds solid for a private party sale, sight unseen.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Oh come on gentleman, I’m just poking fun. This is capitalism and if people are willing to pay it then so be it. As far as the M&P does it come with a box of ammo and a uncle mikes holster?

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Well, gentleman, the cat who has been bugging me for months to sell him this rifle has now suddenly decided to purchase two handguns instead... Derp! So, if anyone may be interested and wants to make me an offer, feel free to message me here or shoot me a text to five zero 756 eight four two one. Otherwise I'll either keep her or eventually post a for sale ad.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well, gentleman, the cat who has been bugging me for months to sell him this rifle has now suddenly decided to purchase two handguns instead... Derp! So, if anyone may be interested and wants to make me an offer, feel free to message me here or shoot me a text to five zero 756 eight four two one. Otherwise I'll either keep her or eventually post a for sale ad.
    Since your "CAT" bailed I asked mine. She said NO.

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
      P1010005.jpg
      241 KB · Views: 83

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    She is 18 years old. when she lays on the floor and stretches out she is 36" from foot to foot tip. The plants are that big. They do not do well in the cold so we took them inside. They were new on October 17, 2017. They shure grew up. Theybwere easy to bring inside last year. As far as the cat. She was her new Jungle so I added her a extra cheap blanket. I have a few left from when we feed the homeless. Things are so bad down there now in that Part of New Orleans now. No way am I gonna go and hand out food and or a the few blankets I have left.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Months? Damn should have pulled the trigger then! As an added bonus you may end up with 2 pistols once derp tires of them?

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    She is 18 years old. when she lays on the floor and stretches out she is 36" from foot to foot tip. The plants are that big. They do not do well in the cold so we took them inside. They were new on October 17, 2017. They shure grew up. Theybwere easy to bring inside last year. As far as the cat. She was her new Jungle so I added her a extra cheap blanket. I have a few left from when we feed the homeless. Things are so bad down there now in that Part of New Orleans now. No way am I gonna go and hand out food and or a the few blankets I have left.

Oh wow! Well, that explains why she looks so tiny in your picture!

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Months? Damn should have pulled the trigger then! As an added bonus you may end up with 2 pistols once derp tires of them?

You're right, I probably should have. But, I had an even number or ARs at that point. I now currently have an odd number of them, so one has got to go! I'll let you know if I end up with the two pistols!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lej1608
    Top Bottom