A little somthing for your significant other

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    well this isn't my idea I saw it a long time ago on some website and figured I would make one up for my wife with my 3 little boys helping me... starts off with some shooting time so bare with me here..

first off got a few milk jugs with water set up in the back yard and grabbed my trusty glock 19, I usually swap out my hps every 6months and put them in the "shoot pile" idk why that's just what I do, so it was about that time to swap them out.. and each one of my boys wanted to make one so I shot 3 of my 9mm HST 124gr+p into the jugs and let my boys recover them..

second I got a small flower pot and some 1/8" copper tig wire, after using a 2" hole saw through a 2"x4", I took the chunk of wood and drilled 3- 1/8" holes in it and glued it to the bottom of the flower pot. I cut the tig wire around around 6" and bent the tops of them about 30deg. and let my boys glue them into the wood

then I drilled 1/8" holes in the back of the hst"s and let my little boys glue them and stick them on.. then put the glue in the flower pot and had my boys put some spent 9mm brass, and kept adding brass and glue till it got to the top of the pot,

fourth took some 9mm brass and cut some up to make leaves and glued them ( I plan on removing that and soldering it though)

well heres what it looks like and if your significant other likes that kinda stuff then maybe give it a shot I think my wife will love it coming from my boys, and 3 diff size flowers , one for each of them. I plan on adding more brass to cover the bottom and the glue but had to cut it short cause mama was coming home from shopping..

Now the real tricky part, trying to keep my 4yr old "mommas boy" from not letting the secret out, I think im safe with the 7 and 10 yr old lol

View attachment 82480

Attachments

• flower.jpg
      flower.jpg
      184.4 KB · Views: 160
    Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    You should get a booth at one of the open-air markets they have in the Marigny here in NOLA on the weekends. You could make a tidy sum selling them. Gun folks like us might buy them because they're cool. Anti-gunners might buy them because you've "turned weapons of war into beautiful flowers."

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    That is really cool! I approve.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom