I am going to try this

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I was looking for ways to identify Brass. And ran across this method. Take clean brass and dye it with Brownells Ospho Blue.
    These are not my pics. I did do one case but need to get some Ospho Blue on my next Cabelas trip. I just had a few drops. So only did some of one case. If someone has some can you try it and report back? Sure looks cool for ammo that is special like 30-06 made into 8mm Mauser ect.

Attachments

• brassblue_zps127a7426.jpg
      brassblue_zps127a7426.jpg
      55.1 KB · Views: 146
    • brassblue3_zps9ab07602.jpg
      brassblue3_zps9ab07602.jpg
      39.2 KB · Views: 158

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I was looking for ways to identify Brass. And ran across this method. Take clean brass and dye it with Brownells Ospho Blue.
    These are not my pics. I did do one case but need to get some Ospho Blue on my next Cabelas trip. I just had a few drops. So only did some of one case. If someone has some can you try it and report back? Sure looks cool for ammo that is special like 30-06 made into 8mm Mauser ect.

You just made the stopping/killing power increase by 10 fold, Chances are a deer will explode if hit in the lung/heart area!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Just like putting stickers and a fart can on a Honda.

Like the guy I saw in Lake Charles this weekend. He was in a Scion and he was gunning the crap out of it and it was spewing smoke that smelled like burnt oil and it was backfiring like a mofo. I think he finally heard it and stopped crapped out. I thought I was going to see valves flying before long.

Last edited by a moderator:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I uze the marker on the primers trick at ranges so that they and I would know I was not taking brass that was not mine. As in the past was caused of stealing brass others had left that now belongs to the range. Disclaimer I am a brass who're. So I see their point. Plus the kids shoot ammo like it's free. Well to the it is. I have seen where others have used different methods to identify their own brass for that reason and also when a parent case is used to form another. IE) 30-06 intro 8mm or 5.56 into 300black out. This was done by soaking in a citric acid midline Red Koolaid. Or that s what they said. I wonder what they do to make the 40 S&W training ammo case's purple?

bayou06

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    Mandeville
    I do see a lot of brass. I come across brass that the owners have marked. Most of the time it's a sharpy across the base or on the case side. I'd suggest a sharpy across the base. It's going to me a lot cheaper that the Ospho Blue. Just my .02.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I winder the long term effects of the chemical on the brass? I know that Brasso and some other Chemicals will weaken and harden brass over time

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I winder the long term effects of the chemical on the brass? I know that Brasso and some other Chemicals will weaken and harden brass over time

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom