Gun Safe Lites? What Ya Got?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have some 1.5" x 24" long fluorescent strips one on the inside above the door. and one under the edge of the shelf. Both have a power on and off manual switch.
    One has now seen better days. So looking at LED since I have power inside it.
    Maybe, I should tell my wife the safe is no longer useable! To small in size and lights are broken so we have to move it to the spare room. And get a larger one with working lights? :rofl: All kidding aside what did you guys use led wise?

Last edited:

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Tape light as well. I have some sort of lever switch so when door opens lights turn on. Also have the system running off a battery box because I don’t have power nearby. Ran lights all the way down each side facing toward guns and 2 sticks under each shelf. I found the idea somewhere on the Internet several years back. Also used the same lights to light up the bed of my truck. Works well and pretty cheap for a reel of the tape lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I use a cheapo led flood flashlight with magnetic base. Stuck it to the front wall against the top over the door. Just a push button on/off. But uses 3 AAA batteries and has been on the same set for two years now.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Until I run power to the location where I have my safe, I have a velcro backed LED light switch light. $5 from Harbor Freight.

63922_I.jpg

TXAZ

BMG Neophyte
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Greenwood LA / Plano TX
    Same lights as RCM. They have a sensor but it goes off after a minute and I have to wave my hand again. Not a big deal, just slightly annoying when I'm looking in the back of the safe. I'm thinking of just taking the sensor out and leaving the lights on all the time, which gives about 5 watts of heating
    The Harbor Freight light is on sale for $2.99, which seems like a really good deal!

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I went cheap and easy in my old safe that didn't come with lights. I got two of those stick on led lights from walmart that look like a light switch/cover. They work well and was less than 20 bucks for two.

Top Bottom