Need a New Skillet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    A really good nonstick pan is hard to find. We have a little saucepan with a small skillet for the lid. That lid/skillet has a fantastic nonstick surface. Same as what you see in this link but our's is smaller and black...... https://www.lecreuset.com/saucepan-with-skillet-lid
    If they use the same material in their other pans then I would suggest getting one of those. It's pretty durable and easy to clean. Link ot othe Lecreuset pans..... https://www.lecreuset.com/cookware/skillets-and-fry-pans I guess going to someplace like Williams-Sonoma is where you could see them in person.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    A simple search on sites such as Amazon.com will turn up almost as many negatuve reviews as positive. I don't mean to belittle your expericence with the cookware and if your happy with them then great.
    I don't think a few weeks with any cookware outside of a commercial environment is adequate ti speak to longevity. Common sense would say that any pan with a 'coating' will not stand up to rigorous usage over time.
    Yeah, I get it. And everyone’s experience will vary, as will the way they treat the products that they purchase and review. I wonder how many complaining actually use the proper spatula and cleaning methods...and how many use metal spatulas and a chore boy.

I bought these thinking they would last because the big electric griddle we have appears to have the same surface. We’ve had it close to a year and we use the freak out of it. But it’s only a home environment...if by ‘Rigorous use’ you mean anything other than daily use, I wouldn’t have high hopes for any coated cookware. Like I said before, cast iron is my first choice, but we are addressing what the OP asked about. We are comparing the Gotham to other nonstick skillets, correct?

If I let a few bad reviews control my purchases I wouldn’t buy anything.

Last edited:

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Yeah, I get it. And everyone’s experience will vary, as will the way they treat the products that they purchase and review. I wonder how many complaining actually use the proper spatula and cleaning methods...and how many use metal spatulas and a chore boy.

I bought these thinking they would last because the big electric griddle we have appears to have the same surface. We’ve had it close to a year and we use the freak out of it. But it’s only a home environment...if by ‘Rigorous use’ you mean anything other than daily use, I wouldn’t have high hopes for any coated cookware. Like I said before, cast iron is my first choice, but we are addressing what the OP asked about. We are comparing the Gotham to other nonstick skillets, correct?

If I let a few bad reviews control my purchases I wouldn’t buy anything.
    I agree. That's why I like to get opinions from people like you guys who I feel like I can trust.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    We bought two Calphalon skillets from Williams Sonoma on sale a couple days before last Christmas. We have use the hell out of them all year and they are still going strong. I used one of them for b'fast this morning. On that note though they have never seen a metal spatula and we usually hand wash them.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Bingo on they will last well if you do not mistreat them. Williams Sonoma is like being in a candy store for a kid. If they had a gun counter in there and a 2-3 lane range I could spend all day there.
    Maybe put in a whiskey Cigar bar in a little nook. They would have the market cornered. Wives shopping while men being men. Like a roach motel.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    They are pretty high $$ but the pampered chef non stick are very very good. It's a titanium anodize material. You can use metal utensils in it without scratching it. They come with a glass lid and removable handle. Lid and skillet are oven safe to 400f. Also dishwasher safe.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom