Need a New Skillet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I'm fixing to be looking for a new skillet in something other than cast iron. I have plenty of cast iron already. Has anyone tried the Gotham copper or Blue Diamond? Any good or just hype? I'm open to suggestions.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    If it’s not cast iron, it’s hard to beat all-clad cookware. They’ve got non stick and the clad stainless skillets. It’s excellent stuff but not cheap.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Looking for something that's durable but low maintenance. My 18 year old grandson will be using it some.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    We picked up both sizes of the Gotham recently. We got a huge electric griddle earlier this year with the copper/titanium finish (or whatever it is) and really like it. The skillets are the same easy to clean. Wet cloth wipe while still hot and you’re done. Nothing sticks. They work as advertised. The other Teflon stuff on the market may work as well but this finish is looking like it will far outlast the other stuff.
    Pointer: invest in some plastic or silicone spatulas if you’re going this route.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    If it’s not cast iron, it’s hard to beat all-clad cookware. They’ve got non stick and the clad stainless skillets. It’s excellent stuff but not cheap.

This AllClad we have a set and added to it. There is a,seller on EBay that I got a Blem from at less than half retail. I could not tell. It was one I use almost everyday so did not want to beat the one like it up. Clean with Bar Keeps Friend

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Clad-4...Fry-Pan-Set-/223290875495?hash=item33fd2c5e67

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Clad-A...h=item33fc661701:g:Oi0AAOSwOnJcDZC~:rk:1:pf:0
    I saw someone said 8" that kinda small. The 8" is a great egg pan or 2 pork chops size. Maybe one onion and some garlic to caramelize.
    To get an idea what the cost normally.

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/all-clad-d3-armor-fry-pan/
    My wife got won a $1000.00 gift card from Williams Sonoma. and she spent $2500.00 So it just cost me $1500.00 what a bargain. We did get other things.
    a member here who bought a $500 buck rice cooker. But still better than eating out 5 times for $100 bucks a pop.
    Note the seller in the links above was who I bought a few from to add to my set.
    I just cooked the turkey in one of these. Came out as nice as the pictures at WS shows and cleaned up easy

Attachments

• williams-sonoma-thermo-clad-stainless-steel-flared-roastin-b.jpg
      williams-sonoma-thermo-clad-stainless-steel-flared-roastin-b.jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 92
    Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Hard anodized is,way better than non stick. But yes if it was really non stick it would not stick.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    We picked up both sizes of the Gotham recently. We got a huge electric griddle earlier this year with the copper/titanium finish (or whatever it is) and really like it. The skillets are the same easy to clean. Wet cloth wipe while still hot and you’re done. Nothing sticks. They work as advertised. The other Teflon stuff on the market may work as well but this finish is looking like it will far outlast the other stuff.
    Pointer: invest in some plastic or silicone spatulas if you’re going this route.
    Thinking about trying the Gotham. Still trying to decide.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Go read plenty of reviews about the Gotham. I've loomed out of curiousity in the past and was not impressed. It seems like if you do anything more than cook an occasional egg there's much better out there.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    All non-stick is a crap shoot. A good 3 or 5 ply with some olive oil works, and taste good

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Go read plenty of reviews about the Gotham. I've loomed out of curiousity in the past and was not impressed. It seems like if you do anything more than cook an occasional egg there's much better out there.
    I totally agree with there being much better out there. I prefer good seasoned cast iron over anything.
    But we’ve been actually using the Gotham skillets for a few weeks now and for quite a bit more than the occasional egg. Again, they work as advertised. Clean up is easy. The wife has taken to just dumping the remains into the trash can and using the sink sprayer on it while it’s still fairly hot.
    I didn’t read any reviews so I don’t exactly know what negatives you’re talking about and I can’t find anything negative to say about them. Especially for what they cost.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I totally agree with there being much better out there. I prefer good seasoned cast iron over anything.
    But we’ve been actually using the Gotham skillets for a few weeks now and for quite a bit more than the occasional egg. Again, they work as advertised. Clean up is easy. The wife has taken to just dumping the remains into the trash can and using the sink sprayer on it while it’s still fairly hot.
    I didn’t read any reviews so I don’t exactly know what negatives you’re talking about and I can’t find anything negative to say about them. Especially for what they cost.

A simple search on sites such as Amazon.com will turn up almost as many negatuve reviews as positive. I don't mean to belittle your expericence with the cookware and if your happy with them then great.
    I don't think a few weeks with any cookware outside of a commercial environment is adequate ti speak to longevity. Common sense would say that any pan with a 'coating' will not stand up to rigorous usage over time.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Even All Clad has bad reviews at Williams Sonoma site. Some say 6 months and they are crap

Top Bottom