La Guns in Madisonville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Anyone been here? It's pretty close to home. I called this morning to see if they were open. I was told open all day. I get there at 1. Open sign is lit up. All doors are locked. I call and he finally answers. He tells me they decided to lock up early to work on their gun building business....
    Well never again. I'll go spend my money else where.......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Although I agree it would be frustrating, I would say your reaction may be a little harsh based on the circumstances you presented. They appear to be a local gun shop that makes money in a couple of ways, gun building and retail sales. If you called at 12:30 and showed up at 1:00, I'd be right there with you. But if 3-4 hours passed between the call and the visit, it's tough to reasonable blame the local business for closing one aspect of their business that may be costing them money at the time and switch over to another aspect where they could be making money. Just my 2 cents.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Prez. What if you call me to make a deal. I tell you I'm home all day. Then when you get here I refuse to open the door. You call me and I say no.. I'm busy.. would you ever want to buy from me again? I seriously doubt it..

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Like I said, my opinion was based on the presented information. Seeing someone in the window and them telling you they were close was not presented. With the added information, I would adjust my opinion. I would say you were justified in being mad. If I were in that circumstances, I'd have called him out and told him I could see him.

BTW, you missed an 'e' in Perez.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well, ain’t never stopped in there, but I’m pretty sure I don’t want to now. Sounds familiar like this place over in Baton Rouge before they got famous and the owner wound up in jail. Told me to come on by over the phone, then near bout accosted me when I got there and slammed the door in my face. But it had been nearly an hour since the call so....

Opps, don’t take it so hard man. Some people just don’t need the money and treat a business a little differently than you’d expect...along with the customers.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    Well, ain’t never stopped in there, but I’m pretty sure I don’t want to now. Sounds familiar like this place over in Baton Rouge before they got famous and the owner wound up in jail. Told me to come on by over the phone, then near bout accosted me when I got there and slammed the door in my face. But it had been nearly an hour since the call so....

Opps, don’t take it so hard man. Some people just don’t need the money and treat a business a little differently than you’d expect...along with the customers.
    Not taking it hard at all. Bought a case of 224 valkyrie elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

J.Ellis

One for the road
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Madisonville,LA
    I go to the hardware store next to LA guns in Madisonville often during weekdays, regular work hours (8-5). I have tried to go inside LA guns more than once after finishing up at the hardware store.

The open sign will be on, it will be during business hours but everytime the door is locked and it appears no one is inside or at least not upfront when I try to go in.
    A few people I know including my father have also tried stoping by and same thing.

There are so many gun stores in south Louisiana I like so I did not care enough to call them and ask why there are closed with a open sign on every time.

I guess they don’t need walk up business that bad.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Sounds like they don't need or want business period. Must be a hobby business, or a front for something else.

How they handled the OP yesterday is total BS.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    That's bad buisness..I'm a business owner and on my door it has the time that I open and close every day from 10am-8pm sun-sat...my store OPENS EXACTLY from 10-8 every day no exceptions..

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I've seen alot of first time business owners not last long because they feel like they can open and close whenever they want.also alot of them start buying range rovers and nice trucks/cars in there first year of business since they made a little money...not everyone have the skills and patience to run a business

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I've seen alot of first time business owners not last long because they feel like they can open and close whenever they want.also alot of them start buying range rovers and nice trucks/cars in there first year of business since they made a little money...not everyone have the skills and patience to run a business

You a sponsor on here ?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Not condoning the guys actions but...

I own a business, 12yrs now, and I worked the same business for 14yrs before that.

Seen a lot in those 26yrs.

I have had to close early, and likely lost customers. I have had to turn customers away as I did not have the time to deal with a walk in. Not my favorite thing to do but current work always has a deadline. And things need to be done in order of importance.

I have had to lock up and deal with issues at work, and had people beating on the door. No point trying to explain to them, those are the same people who apologize for interrupting my lunch but still expect me to jump up and leave it to get cold. These are the same people who cannot understand appointments. My business is service, not retail.

Sounds like this guy could do with more staff, but that brings it's own headaches.

He will figure it out or go out of business. Best of luck to him, owning a gun store is tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom