Single action revolvers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I've started looking around for a single action and ran across a JP Sauer Western Marshall. This one sports a 6" barrel and what appears to be original wood furniture. I would estimate tge finish around 80% but the lock up is tight with no wiggle in the cylinder. The trigger breaks pretty cleanly. This particular one is chambered in 357 mag. I'm not sold on any particular caliber (38, 357, 44 or 45 all good), just shopping for a good deal on a good shooter. I know these particular revolvers havent been made in a while but does anyone have any insights on them? Thanks in advance.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I wish I still had mine. Never had an issue if you don't buy it you should point me in the direction lol.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Colt 3rd gen SAA for Sale in .45 Colt. This is a new gun complete with box & papers. The ser. Number says it’s a 1973 model. This firearm has never been fired. Asking $1550 for it. If you want pics send me a pm & I will get you some.

Beauxdog

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    I have a Hawes in 357 MAG I bought at K Mart in the late 60s if memory serves me correctly---I REPEAT IF MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY It was made by JP Sauer and Sons---never had an issue after more rounds than I'd care to count---it is still in very good condition---last fired this summer---cleaned and put back into semi-retirement---not for sale, FYI only---Merry Christmas!!!

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    Most guys/gais in Cowboy action shooting use Rugers Vaqueros Bisleys or Blackhawks
    and those that can afford use Colts.

We put a lot of rounds down range with them and the rugers rally hold up!
    Not so much with the Italian clones etc.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    1st gun I shot as a kid was dads used Ruger Single Six. He bought and sold a few but always had one. I have quite a few in diff calibers in Single Action. The Ruger Customer Service is tops. Verses other brands. So far sent Ruger, Colt, and S&W guns for service or custom work. all 3 were 100 percent perfect. So I stay with them. I would say get a Black Hawk or a Blackhawk with Bisley Frame. I love my Bisley it is an 6 inch stainless Acusport over run 45 Colt with 45acp cyilnder. My 5.5 inch black hawk is also a convertible. 38 .357 with mid matched 9mm cylinder. From the 22lr up to 454 they are all great gungs for the price. Point is they are there today and will be tomorrow. Lots of mint used Rugers out there as well

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I also have a couple of Rutgers to move out. A new 32 H&R Mag and a .45 Colt w/4-5/8* barrel and one with a Bisset grip frame. All in SS. & if you need anymore information or pics just send me a PM.

Beauxdog

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    I had one that I bought new in 1973, it was chambered in .45 colt. I didn't shoot it much because I didn't reload that caliber. I sold it to a friend who was doing shoot out reinactments for tourist in Tombstone in the 1990s. He used it several years with blanks. I currently have an Uberti Cattleman in .357 and an Iver Johnson Cattleman .22 that was made by Uberti in the middle 70s. They satisfy my inner cowboy when I feel the urge.I shoot mostly 38 special reloads in mine and a lot of them have target wadcutter loads. For a range gun and general shooting I think you would be happy with the Hawes. As previously mention the Rugers are popular with the S.A.S.S. crowd and I would strongly consider one if I was going to use it in competition. Depending on price The Hawes will probably suit your needs. If they want too much for it, look at the Italian clones. Dave

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I've started looking around for a single action and ran across a JP Sauer Western Marshall. This one sports a 6" barrel and what appears to be original wood furniture. I would estimate tge finish around 80% but the lock up is tight with no wiggle in the cylinder. The trigger breaks pretty cleanly. This particular one is chambered in 357 mag. I'm not sold on any particular caliber (38, 357, 44 or 45 all good), just shopping for a good deal on a good shooter. I know these particular revolvers havent been made in a while but does anyone have any insights on them? Thanks in advance.

Is this what your after?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr0azVhRZUQ

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate the stories. I'm not a competitive shooter so i expect most of my use will be field carry, range time and light hunting.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• like.jpg
      like.jpg
      59.7 KB · Views: 53

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member