What to buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I am new to knives. Used them all day for 35 at work when I worked but they were replaceable blades. I did lots of carpets when I did Wood and Ceramic out of courtesy. As was hard to say I am not doing thet Carpets. And did Vinyl in commercial job sites,Always a super shape blde that ya tossed out. So never really had use for a Good Pocket one, as always had a knife with dispossible blades on me to cut boxes open or cut straps and things.
    If I had one was always cheap as possible for a pocket knife as they got abused.
    [ie] I just started to get good ones.
    I have a credit at Geber for $40.00 as sent back a broken one that was not fixable.
    So another cheap bang around one $100 or less would be cool. As would just be $60 or less out of pocket. What Ya think? General, do it all Serrated or not?
    https://www.gerbergear.com/Knives/Folding

Last edited:

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I picked up a Gerber Empower Auto a couple of weeks ago and it's turned out to be a really good knife. Blade HQ has them for $99.99 but not sure what Gerber direct would go for.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    One I was looking at was 60 at BladeHQ but was 80 at Geber so was just 20 off. To give some idea of cost really depends on the knife and if on sale at BladeHQ I do it think they sell Autos Direct as when ya look at cost says Service Credentials Required. That is the exact one I was looking at.
    Hinderer CLS is $80 so would be $40. FYI} The Gerber site sucks no way to shop high to low
    If they do not sell Auto......What is assisted? I am new to knives

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Assisted is where you get the blade started either with a thumb stud or a push tab on the back of the blade then the spring kicks in and opens it the rest of the way. Some spring assist knives that I have are as fast opening as any auto I own.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I picked up a Gerber Empower Auto a couple of weeks ago and it's turned out to be a really good knife. Blade HQ has them for $99.99 but not sure what Gerber direct would go for.

They would not sell me one unless I had a comission.
    So grabbed a US Assit S30-V it only comes gray but they said it has the best steel. I got the smooth. But said the better steel is harder to resharpen. But to get it as was better than the 420.
    Thanks for the imput.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    They would not sell me one unless I had a comission.
    So grabbed a US Assit S30-V it only comes gray but they said it has the best steel. I got the smooth. But said the better steel is harder to resharpen. But to get it as was better than the 420.
    Thanks for the imput.
    Great, how about some pics?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I had to snail mail a check for the diff. Customer service said that how they do it. Should be here next week

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    ...So another cheap bang around one $100 or less would be cool. What Ya think? General, do it all Serrated or not?

Pardon my interruption but in my experience Gerber is not the best knife choice for an all-around EDC at the $85-$115 price point.

Get yourself a Benchmade 551 Griptilian with a combination blade, especially useful for cutting ropes and such. A Benchmade will outlast your lifetime.
    https://www.amazon.com/Benchmade-Kn...ian+s30v&qid=1554667974&s=gateway&sr=8-7&th=1

Top Bottom