2019 Fitness Goals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Damn is that the Orange Theory workout? Sounds like a crazy HIIT workout.

I try to go a little faster in the gym so that's why I like late at night. I can set up a few stations with my weights and then rotate through them one after another. I did Monday's workout in about 40 minutes and was dripping sweat after I was done. I try to keep my heart rate up even doing weights.

Yup!

So everyone wears a heartrate monitor the whole time and then at the end of the class you get an automated email showing you metrics on your HR zones, average HR, and distance run.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Not sure if this will upload in viewable quality or not, but my results from tonight's workout.
    0d4b8e263daccf27a0062ccfa1726e7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Very nice. I did a 10-minute warmup on the treadmill and then did a 4.8MPH pace for 15 minutes then cool down for a total of 30 minutes. Started my bench sets and was feeling good then I got a work call and had to leave the gym was totally bummed I waws really into the workout. Tomorrow is my off day then I will pick it back up on Thursday.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Very nice. I did a 10-minute warmup on the treadmill and then did a 4.8MPH pace for 15 minutes then cool down for a total of 30 minutes. Started my bench sets and was feeling good then I got a work call and had to leave the gym was totally bummed I waws really into the workout. Tomorrow is my off day then I will pick it back up on Thursday.

Hey, you did more than 99% of America, keep it up!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    So I swapped days and decided to do shoulders and forearms last night. Did another 10 minute warmup on the treadmill and 15 minutes at 4.9 pace with another cooldown taking me to about 35 or 40 minutes. Then I hit the weights.
    Seated Barbell Press 3 sets 6-10 reps
    seated Arnold press 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Dumbell Lateral raises 3 sets 10-15 reps
    Seated press on Smith machine 5-minute burn
    modified upright row 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Barbell shrugs 5-minute burn
    Dumbbell wrist curls 3 sets 12-15 reps
    Barbell static hold 5-minute burn

really wiped out my shoulders, traps and forearms but still feelng pretty good.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Definitely a burner there! What weights are you using for the barbell press?

On Wednesday I did 6 sets of 6, with 40lb dumbells:
    Curls, OH Press, Single Arm Tricep Extension, Shoulder Shrugs
    Rowed a quick 1000 meters at the beginning, and then did 4 sets of 15lb single-arm shoulder flys at the end.

Then yesterday the OT workout was a bunch of curls and OH presses....my arms are hurting today!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    For the barbell press I used the smith machine which has an Olympic bar with 5lb plates so about 55lbs total. I always take it easy with my shoulder stuff until I can gauge how my left shoulder is holding up. I think I will probably throw a 2.5 plate on each side next week and see how it goes. I don't want to mess up my shoulder again that would really suck. The one thing is I really like the Arnold presses and I used a 15lb dumbbell and think I could go up to 20 or 25 next week. the 5 minute burn press I just used the Olympic bar with no weight and by the end I could barely do 4 consecutive lifts without having to stop for a few seconds. I am up to 15lb dumbells for reps on the lat raises but the left hurts at the top but push through it.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I did 22 miles today. Rode angry and against the wind and it was fun with my girl Lizzo.

the summer before I started high school my parents started to allow me to ride to my friend's house which was about 8 or so miles each way. By the end of the summer, my legs were in the best shape ever you could see every muscle and I could also run for days. Bike riding is great exercise. I would do it again but out here where I live it isn't safe sometimes to be on the road in a car let alone a bike. People just don't pay attention.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    the summer before I started high school my parents started to allow me to ride to my friend's house which was about 8 or so miles each way. By the end of the summer, my legs were in the best shape ever you could see every muscle and I could also run for days. Bike riding is great exercise. I would do it again but out here where I live it isn't safe sometimes to be on the road in a car let alone a bike. People just don't pay attention.

That's why I usually go around 0500 then get a nap in before work, or pick and choose my routes. I will say this, I'm terrified to ride around LSU now that school is back. All my routes are easily convertible to my needs for the day and get my minimum of 18-22 miles in. 80-100 miles a week and my longest ride was 36 miles because I felt like being an idiot, and it was during a heat advisory that I didn't know about. It was fun tho.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Since Jan 2019, down 60# using the Renaissance Periodzation App for my diet, doing Crossfit 3-4x a week and the Couch to 5K app for additional running conditioning.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Congrats man. Gald to hear about the weight loss.

Did chest and tri's tonight. Arms and chest are burnt out but it feels so good to be so worn out. Drank about 40g of Casein protein so should be building up some muscle while I am asleep tonight.

Hit a personal goal of 15 minutes at a 5mph pace. So from now on I will be upping my time in 1 minute increments until I get to about 30 minutes. Once I hit that goal I will start increasing my speed probably twice a week.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Hit the gym last night for Chest/Tri night. Also got in some treadmill work. 17 minutes at 5MPH total distance of 2.8 miles for my 40 minute treadmill session. I am so sore today I did Back/Biceps Monday and still a little sore from that also.

Haven't changed my eating habits for the last few months and for some reason I am seeing about a 10lb weight gain on my off days and I don't even eat that much food in a day. I am back to my heaviest weight I have ever been at the moment. I think I am going to ride this wieght out for the next 6 weeks and then at the end of my 8-week lifting cycle, I am going to stop with trying to gain mass and will focus on losing the bodyweight with diet change and more aerobic activity.

Rivens81

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 11, 2018
    New Orleans Louisiana
    I’m a self proclaimed expert on the keto diet and juice fasting. I had once lost 17lbs of fat in 30 days. Can walk ya’ll through it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Today was Columbus Day, so we did a **** ton of rowing, plus 14 minutes of running and 14 minutes of weight stuff. I hate running, but managed keep my heart rate above 84 percent of my max for 31 minutes today! Definitely seeing improvements on everything lately!
    8c59776b69a967e13bd0c6eb074590e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! My karate dojo burned this morning! :( It'll be a while before we're back to training! Gah... I may have to join a real gym for now...

Top Bottom