Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 67
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Totally confused. Been doing intervals of 5 minutes at a 5mph pace and they are not getting any easier. I am still gutting out the last interval and I have been doing it for almost a month now. Not sure what the deal is but may be because I am still carrying a bunch of weight and need to diet to lose some poundage for it to get better. Need to buckle down and lose some pounds soon but the muscle mass is starting to come in so I am happy about that.

Did some heavy yardwork this weekend broke up a concrete slab that was about a yard of concrete anywhere from 2 to 7 inches thick. Used a demo hammer from HF and man it still took 8 hours to break up that slab. Got in a a good leg and arm work out squating over that slab using the demo hammer and holding it for 8 hours. Major suckage my hands still hurt from the vibrations.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    Totally confused. Been doing intervals of 5 minutes at a 5mph pace and they are not getting any easier. I am still gutting out the last interval and I have been doing it for almost a month now. Not sure what the deal is but may be because I am still carrying a bunch of weight and need to diet to lose some poundage for it to get better. Need to buckle down and lose some pounds soon but the muscle mass is starting to come in so I am happy about that.

Did some heavy yardwork this weekend broke up a concrete slab that was about a yard of concrete anywhere from 2 to 7 inches thick. Used a demo hammer from HF and man it still took 8 hours to break up that slab. Got in a a good leg and arm work out squating over that slab using the demo hammer and holding it for 8 hours. Major suckage my hands still hurt from the vibrations.
    How much time is between your intervals?

Maybe try doing more a hi-intensity approach and upping the speed, lowering the overall time, and lowering overall rest? You could do that and mix it up with endurance intervals.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I do a 6-minute warmup and then do a 3.3MPH pace for 5 minutes then 5 at 5MPH then back to 3.3MPH for 5 and so on. then at the end about a 6-minute cooldown. I was doing good earlier and the intervals weren't bad it's just I have to gut them out now and am not seeing any improvement even though I have been doing it for a while. I figured I would be doing better by now.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    I do a 6-minute warmup and then do a 3.3MPH pace for 5 minutes then 5 at 5MPH then back to 3.3MPH for 5 and so on. then at the end about a 6-minute cooldown. I was doing good earlier and the intervals weren't bad it's just I have to gut them out now and am not seeing any improvement even though I have been doing it for a while. I figured I would be doing better by now.
    I am by no means an expert, but I'm going to speculate that your rest is too long.

Here is what you can do to fix it, though. Get a chest HR monitor that syncs to your phone, and while you workout, have your HR visible the entire time in front of you. I have this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Figure out your max heart rate and what HR you should run at, using this article:
    https://www.healthline.com/health/ru...ate#ideal-rate

Then, when you are running, workout based on HR zones.

So if I were to be doing 5 minutes on, I would run at 5 minutes in a zone that would keep me at 80 to 85% of my max HR (so about 160 BPM). After 5 minutes, I would rest until my HR was under 60 or 65% of max. Then I would repeat. Eventually your speed will go up as you push yourself into HR zones.

You should also try some high intensity drills that get your HR way up, and then rest until your HR is down in a manageable level.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.