Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Main goal---achieve 74th birthday---primaries, get over left hip replacement and then get right hip done and back into

shape as necessary to get back to my gym activities---get back down to 185 lbs. from present 200 lbs. Easier said than

done!!! Good luck to all----

Marksman

User Info Menu

Well, I've dropped 40lbs over the past 4 months, so the big hurdle has been covered. The goal now is staying around 200lbs until the rest of the flab is gone (probably another 8-10lbs worth) trading muscle for fat, then putting back on 15lbs the right way.

It was so easy to put the weight on during the forced sedentary lifestyle post back surgery, but was very much a pain to start the change to go from 242lbs down to 199lbs. Even harder to do with the 45yr old metabolism. But small gains were enough to maintain motivation and continue to do so.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

First... I can't believe anyone brought this up before Christmas! This isn't supposed to be mentioned until New Years Day!

but ok... back into Karate (its a great workout if anyone is in the New Orleans area! Its an adult class with a mix of 50+ year olds and teens. Beginners welcome- Tues, Thurs at 7pm, Sat at 11am- PM me...). Pull the bike out again and get riding. The dogs will appreciate walks again (well, my doberman will. My poor lab has cancer and just isn't up to it any more. )

Food- I've been allergic to onions for years. Recently I became gluten sensitive (its real, not some made up fad diet crap! I won't go into the symptoms other than the fact that I swell up like a grape). Talk about take the fun out of eating... so cut back on the ice cream. No breads or beer obviously. No soft drinks. Lots of salads. A quick breakfast is difficult to do healthy yet appetizing... I'm sure waffles have not been the healthiest choice.
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Resolutions? Easy... stay on the right side of the dirt (very important), keep being able to walk to the 600yd pits, see well enough to pull the trigger and at least find paper, and make more matches this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Planning on running or rowing 10 miles per week for much of the year. Also, I've been using the Lose It app to log everything that I eat.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

So we just did this at my gym so here are my numbers I'm shooting for...
    - gain 5 lbs but maintain 12-15% body fat
    - 19 min flat 5k
    - 39 min 10k
    - sub 55 minute Murph w/ 20lb vest

Rest of my goals are to share my abilities - train 1 day a week and run 3 races with my daughter. Run with Ainsley's angels.

I ran 18 races in 18 so don't think I will top that but maybe more meaningful and tougher competitions. That is all carry on.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm 56 years old. I normally weigh 215 to 225 lbs. I am 6'2" my goal is to maintain 205 lbs. That should be reasonable. Me 33 years old around 200 lbs. I doubt I will be that dedicated again though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Charlie32.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	82690  

Marksman

User Info Menu

I haven't gotten on a scale in nearly a year but I'd guess I'm touching 190 now. I'd like to get back down to 175-180. I need to cut down on the beer. 4-6 a night is wrecking my waistline. I also need to get back on the meat and veggies. Lately we've been cooking big meals that consist of rice and gravy or pasta to last through the weeknights. I do ZERO exercising and I don't see myself ever going back to the gym, but I would like to start running and maybe a little at home regimen. I'm limited on weights due to tendinitis in both of my wrist. I'm open to recommendations!
    You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.

-Winston Churchill

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kpm View Post
    So we just did this at my gym so here are my numbers I'm shooting for...
    - gain 5 lbs but maintain 12-15% body fat
    - 19 min flat 5k
    - 39 min 10k
    - sub 55 minute Murph w/ 20lb vest

Rest of my goals are to share my abilities - train 1 day a week and run 3 races with my daughter. Run with Ainsley's angels.

I ran 18 races in 18 so don't think I will top that but maybe more meaningful and tougher competitions. That is all carry on.

What gym are you at? CF Virtus?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.