Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Hah, had shoulder surgery and it put me back hard core. Was down to about 269 now back up to 290 due to lack of gym and eating bad on vacation.

Just started back this last weekend. Went to a running store and got a gait analysis. The lady asked me how many miles a week I was doing and she almost passed out when I said like 12 - 15. I am not a small guy but I put about 15 miles on the treadmill a week. So I found out my feet have a one size difference so I have to get size 14 shoes to fit the right foot correctly. I picked up some nice shoes and inserts. Been to the gym 3 times this week and it feels so much better. I can hold a faster pace for longer and when I get off the treadmill no pain.

Just getting back into the lifting and trying to figure out where my limits are in regards to the shoulder some exercises hurt way worse than others. Going slow so I don't screw up the fix but I feel pretty good and hope to get back to where I was at before surgery weight wise. SHoulders have always been a weak spot due to putting off surgery for like 5 years. Also wasing my way back into better eating habits. So things are looking up but not where I would ahve like to been at this point this year.

How are you doing Austin?

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    Hah, had shoulder surgery and it put me back hard core. Was down to about 269 now back up to 290 due to lack of gym and eating bad on vacation.

Just started back this last weekend. Went to a running store and got a gait analysis. The lady asked me how many miles a week I was doing and she almost passed out when I said like 12 - 15. I am not a small guy but I put about 15 miles on the treadmill a week. So I found out my feet have a one size difference so I have to get size 14 shoes to fit the right foot correctly. I picked up some nice shoes and inserts. Been to the gym 3 times this week and it feels so much better. I can hold a faster pace for longer and when I get off the treadmill no pain.

Just getting back into the lifting and trying to figure out where my limits are in regards to the shoulder some exercises hurt way worse than others. Going slow so I don't screw up the fix but I feel pretty good and hope to get back to where I was at before surgery weight wise. SHoulders have always been a weak spot due to putting off surgery for like 5 years. Also wasing my way back into better eating habits. So things are looking up but not where I would ahve like to been at this point this year.

How are you doing Austin?
    Sucks to hear about the shoulder surgery, but keep it up and you will rebound quickly!

What are you currently running a mile at on the treadmill?

I just joined Orange Theory recently and have been going five times per week. Cardio has never really been my thing, but I am having a great time and am seeing/feeling noticeable improvements in a very short time period. I've also maintained my weight training on the side and have been feeling freaking awesome!

Also, I started intermittent fasting and typically only eat from noon to 7pm. I'd highly recommend it!
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Soooooo how are everyone's goals going?
    Peachy
    “You pick up a gun to shoot to kill. Or you don’t pick up a gun.”

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RedStickChick View Post
    Peachy
    Good to hear!
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sucks to hear about the shoulder surgery, but keep it up and you will rebound quickly!

What are you currently running a mile at on the treadmill?

I just joined Orange Theory recently and have been going five times per week. Cardio has never really been my thing, but I am having a great time and am seeing/feeling noticeable improvements in a very short time period. I've also maintained my weight training on the side and have been feeling freaking awesome!

Also, I started intermittent fasting and typically only eat from noon to 7pm. I'd highly recommend it!
    Austin, what are the prices points for orange theory?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Austin, what are the prices points for orange theory?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    I got a special where I pay 139.99 a month for unlimited. It's normally 159.99 a month for unlimited. There are various packages where you can pay for fewer classes if you don't choose unlimited...but if you can workout 3x a week, unlimited is worth it. I'm trying to go 5x a week with off days on Wednesday/Saturday and with lifting on Monday/Wednesday over lunch.

I did Crossfit for a little over three years and this is a nice switch up as it's a lot more cardio and more of a focus on bodyweight things with TRX straps.

If there is a gym near you, I'd definitely recommend trying it out.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I got a special where I pay 139.99 a month for unlimited. It's normally 159.99 a month for unlimited. There are various packages where you can pay for fewer classes if you don't choose unlimited...but if you can workout 3x a week, unlimited is worth it. I'm trying to go 5x a week with off days on Wednesday/Saturday and with lifting on Monday/Wednesday over lunch.

I did Crossfit for a little over three years and this is a nice switch up as it's a lot more cardio and more of a focus on bodyweight things with TRX straps.

If there is a gym near you, I'd definitely recommend trying it out.
    I made the mistake of calling the new Regymen location opening near my house and now the guy won't stop. Literally blocked three different numbers from him, won't take no for an answer. He's gonna get hit with 13:285 if he tries again.

I can't afford Regymen/OTF/Iron Tribe right now. Speaking of, Iron Tribe is damn near $250/MONTH.

I've been hitting 60-100 miles a week on my bike. Some people are telling me it's too many but it's my outlet and my me time so it's not going anywhere.

Marksman

User Info Menu

So at $250 a month what kind of perks do you get? I pay about $60 a month for a family membership good for 6 people. It includes a pool and the usual assorment of machines and free weights. It's not the best gym in the world but it does what I need so $250 a month sounds crazy to me.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I have no idea, unlimited access to classes maybe? I'm joining a local gym not far from my house for when it's too cold to ride/I want a change of pace and it's only $30/month.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shrxfn View Post
    So at $250 a month what kind of perks do you get? I pay about $60 a month for a family membership good for 6 people. It includes a pool and the usual assorment of machines and free weights. It's not the best gym in the world but it does what I need so $250 a month sounds crazy to me.
    Exclusivity, more space, nicer equipment, etc. It's the same thing with Equinox and other fancy gyms.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan