2019 Fitness Goals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    It's that time of year again, and I was wondering what everyone's 2019 fitness goals were.

Mine is mainly to lose fat. 2018 was rough for me as I spent the whole first quarter unemployed and my wife was in and out of the hospital from January through May. While I did get on the diet train, I managed to wreck it starting in September. All that healthy eating of salmon, avocado, taking fish oil, and all that jazz did absolutely NOTHING for my HDL/LDL cholesterol level. At least now my doctor finally agrees that my low HDL cholesterol is genetic as it has always been 35 or less, and all the dieting and exercising in the world won't change things. As a result, I put weight back on again from September through now after the horrible labs despite the diet, cardio, and resistance training.

So the goal is more kitchen oriented. I'm about to snag another food scale and measure out everything I eat. I had a food scale, but it met its unfortunate demise with the floor, so that is another reason I started to pack on the pounds again. I can't just eyeball food, lol.

So, what are everyone else's goals?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Plan on hitting the gym and trying to get down below 250. So far last year without changing my eating habits too much I got down to 270 from 286. I think I lost more weight than that but I also put on a bunch of muscle from going to the gym pretty regularly. I also plan on havng rotator cuff surgery this year as medical benefits changed enough to were it won't cost me an arm and a leg so I will have about a 3-6 month rehab for that so I will be doing a lot of stationary bike right after surgery.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Lost 50 pounds over the last couple of years and I'm down to 195. Like to lose 10 more. Keep up with the gym and maybe go more than 2 or 3 times a week.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    It's that time of year again, and I was wondering what everyone's 2019 fitness goals were.

Mine is mainly to lose fat. 2018 was rough for me as I spent the whole first quarter unemployed and my wife was in and out of the hospital from January through May. While I did get on the diet train, I managed to wreck it starting in September. All that healthy eating of salmon, avocado, taking fish oil, and all that jazz did absolutely NOTHING for my HDL/LDL cholesterol level. At least now my doctor finally agrees that my low HDL cholesterol is genetic as it has always been 35 or less, and all the dieting and exercising in the world won't change things. As a result, I put weight back on again from September through now after the horrible labs despite the diet, cardio, and resistance training.

So the goal is more kitchen oriented. I'm about to snag another food scale and measure out everything I eat. I had a food scale, but it met its unfortunate demise with the floor, so that is another reason I started to pack on the pounds again. I can't just eyeball food, lol.

I log everything I eat on an app. It's called "Stupid Simple Macro's". It helped me realize just what I was eating.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I lost 110 Lbs in 2013/2014 timeframe but 2018 I fell off the wagon and gained 60 back. I kind of said "f*ck it" and now I will have to knuckle under again and get back to what I know works. I never went back to fast food and diet coke but i was just eating whatever/whenever.

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

We have this scale and it is awesome if you are tracking macros:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/st...je1kalXylqCzVB_LyGAaAohZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    For 2019 my goals are reasonable currently at 195 lbs. Plan it put on 15 lbs of muscle and drop 10 lbs of fat. Would like to bring my 2 mile from 14:30 back to 13:00 minutes.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    Main goal---achieve 74th birthday---primaries, get over left hip replacement and then get right hip done and back into

shape as necessary to get back to my gym activities---get back down to 185 lbs. from present 200 lbs. Easier said than

done!!! Good luck to all----

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Well, I've dropped 40lbs over the past 4 months, so the big hurdle has been covered. The goal now is staying around 200lbs until the rest of the flab is gone (probably another 8-10lbs worth) trading muscle for fat, then putting back on 15lbs the right way.

It was so easy to put the weight on during the forced sedentary lifestyle post back surgery, but was very much a pain to start the change to go from 242lbs down to 199lbs. Even harder to do with the 45yr old metabolism. But small gains were enough to maintain motivation and continue to do so.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    First... I can't believe anyone brought this up before Christmas! This isn't supposed to be mentioned until New Years Day!

but ok... back into Karate (its a great workout if anyone is in the New Orleans area! Its an adult class with a mix of 50+ year olds and teens. Beginners welcome- Tues, Thurs at 7pm, Sat at 11am- PM me...). Pull the bike out again and get riding. The dogs will appreciate walks again (well, my doberman will. My poor lab has cancer and just isn't up to it any more. :( )

Food- I've been allergic to onions for years. Recently I became gluten sensitive (its real, not some made up fad diet crap! I won't go into the symptoms other than the fact that I swell up like a grape). Talk about take the fun out of eating... so cut back on the ice cream. No breads or beer obviously. No soft drinks. Lots of salads. A quick breakfast is difficult to do healthy yet appetizing... I'm sure waffles have not been the healthiest choice.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Resolutions? Easy... stay on the right side of the dirt (very important), keep being able to walk to the 600yd pits, see well enough to pull the trigger and at least find paper, and make more matches this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Planning on running or rowing 10 miles per week for much of the year. Also, I've been using the Lose It app to log everything that I eat.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    So we just did this at my gym so here are my numbers I'm shooting for...
    - gain 5 lbs but maintain 12-15% body fat
    - 19 min flat 5k
    - 39 min 10k
    - sub 55 minute Murph w/ 20lb vest

Rest of my goals are to share my abilities - train 1 day a week and run 3 races with my daughter. Run with Ainsley's angels.

I ran 18 races in 18 so don't think I will top that but maybe more meaningful and tougher competitions. That is all carry on.

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    I'm 56 years old. I normally weigh 215 to 225 lbs. I am 6'2" my goal is to maintain 205 lbs. That should be reasonable. Me 33 years old around 200 lbs. I doubt I will be that dedicated again though.

Attachments

• Charlie32.jpg
      Charlie32.jpg
      35 KB · Views: 221

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I haven't gotten on a scale in nearly a year but I'd guess I'm touching 190 now. I'd like to get back down to 175-180. I need to cut down on the beer. 4-6 a night is wrecking my waistline. I also need to get back on the meat and veggies. Lately we've been cooking big meals that consist of rice and gravy or pasta to last through the weeknights. I do ZERO exercising and I don't see myself ever going back to the gym, but I would like to start running and maybe a little at home regimen. I'm limited on weights due to tendinitis in both of my wrist. I'm open to recommendations!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So we just did this at my gym so here are my numbers I'm shooting for...
    - gain 5 lbs but maintain 12-15% body fat
    - 19 min flat 5k
    - 39 min 10k
    - sub 55 minute Murph w/ 20lb vest

Rest of my goals are to share my abilities - train 1 day a week and run 3 races with my daughter. Run with Ainsley's angels.

I ran 18 races in 18 so don't think I will top that but maybe more meaningful and tougher competitions. That is all carry on.

What gym are you at? CF Virtus?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Soooooo how are everyone's goals going?

Top Bottom