Hunting clubs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Gents, I’m looking for a reasonably priced ($2000 or less) hunting club within 30-45 min of Port Allen La. for the 2019-2020 season. I’ve got a 9 yr old that needs to start seeing deer.

We are currently hunting in independence and it’s a bit of a drive considering we don’t have a place to camp.

I have a camper and all the necessary equipment for work days (tractor / bush hog, atv’s, etc). Getting in a club with some peeps from here would be an awesome benefit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Also check the classifieds section in the BR & NO Advocate, and Craigslist. Particularly after this season is over. Many clubs start looking for members in the Summer.

$2,000 should get you a membership in a decent club with low member numbers and good places to hunt. If you are willing to spend that amount, and you have a tractor to boot, you will have choices. Choose wisely!

longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    My biggest issue it seems is I don’t “know” people... everyone I talk to says they got in thier clubs bc of a family deal, bro n law deal, friend of a friend or something to that effect.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    coming from up north with tons of state/fed parks/forests and tons of people that WANT you to thin the deer/rabbit/game population on their land, many of these "hunting clubs" disgust me.

pay $1500+, get stuck in the crappiest plot of land, with no game, until a "senior member" leaves and you can "move up" to a better spot.
    sight in only, no recreational shooting, want you to put in dozens of hours "maintaining the club property" while they are a for profit llc that has closed books.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    coming from up north with tons of state/fed parks/forests and tons of people that WANT you to thin the deer/rabbit/game population on their land, many of these "hunting clubs" disgust me.

pay $1500+, get stuck in the crappiest plot of land, with no game, until a "senior member" leaves and you can "move up" to a better spot.
    sight in only, no recreational shooting, want you to put in dozens of hours "maintaining the club property" while they are a for profit llc that has closed books.

Well,There you go!!! F';k these ''clubs'' I hunt on my place,These A.hole club members turn loose dogs who run all over the place including right thru your camp site!!!
    Anytime you need someone to ride up Nawth and help you give those bad deer a good flogging then let me know!!! I ain't scared !

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

He is willing to spend $2000. That will get him in a good club. Trying to find a perfect scenario within an hour of the 2nd largest city in Louisiana may be tough, but $2000 is considered premium. No one makes you join a shitty club. Finding the right club is like hunting deer. you have to do your homework.

Like most, I also used to be in different clubs. My biggest problem with them is all the work you have to put into maintaining the land that you don't own. But if that is your only option, then you just have to weigh the benefits against the downsides. Not EVERY club sucks.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    He is willing to spend $2000. That will get him in a good club. Trying to find a perfect scenario within an hour of the 2nd largest city in Louisiana may be tough, but $2000 is considered premium. No one makes you join a shitty club. Finding the right club is like hunting deer. you have to do your homework.

Like most, I also used to be in different clubs. My biggest problem with them is all the work you have to put into maintaining the land that you don't own. But if that is your only option, then you just have to weigh the benefits against the downsides. Not EVERY club sucks.
    i researched ALOT of clubs in 2018 within 90mins of denham springs.

average price was $1500, and the vast majority had the same crappy rules. hell, quite a few had fines for stuff like missing maintenance days(which was always mid day, mid work week), letting "your section" become "overgrown", or "unauthorized food plots".

i did not look at clubs over $1700 tho so they may have a better setup.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    i researched ALOT of clubs in 2018 within 90mins of denham springs.

average price was $1500, and the vast majority had the same crappy rules. hell, quite a few had fines for stuff like missing maintenance days(which was always mid day, mid work week), letting "your section" become "overgrown", or "unauthorized food plots".

i did not look at clubs over $1700 tho so they may have a better setup.

That sounds like the HOA!

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Your right, Some have crazy strict/azzhole rules,What the locals really want is you to pay up and not hunt or hunt in your stand when you're not around.

It's too bad there isn't more public land in Louisiana. 90% of the land here is privately owned. That where we hunt, it's been in our family since WW 2. I'm in the stand now.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    When I moved down here and saw the plates "sportsman's paradise" I thought "great!!"
    Until I realized unless you own a boat, own or lease land you are not fishing or hunting in Louisiana.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Louisiana Sportsman classifieds has club listings online. Look under the hunting section. Gun ads too if you haven't already seen them. Some I have been in only require 2 work days on the weekends usually in September to clear trails and around club stands and food plots. and you also get your own area or 2 to put your own stands up and feeders and possible a small food plot

LAANG21B

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    plaquemine
    Longdude17, me and brother-in-law are looking for a club/lease in or around the same areas as you too...we aren't far from you we're down in Plaquemine...same issues, lot of money and work days to be stuck in the worst parts of the lease with the shittiest stands...you can try and get into St. Louis hunting club here in plaquemine...the dues are around $1500-$2000 from what I heard...my uncle was in it for years until he passed few years back...nice deer out there

Last edited:

Cowboy55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2018
    Baton Rouge LA
    I lived in Georgia for 40+ years before moving to Louisiana in 2017. Georgia has many public areas to hunt - WMAs, Wildlife Refuges and National Forests - but they are packed full on weekends. The only way to get a decent hunt on public lands is to go on Tuesdays thru Thursdays, when most other hunters are at work. Maybe that will work here. Good luck!

Top Bottom