Petition to reverse the bump stock ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    I didn't say they already blocked it. They could block it and it go up the ladder. My prediction. How many things have the 9th district blocked of Trump's? Just saying I think this will end up at the SC .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    ^which is why I'm happy to see a few AR manufacturers starting to offer AR's with pistol braces. Common use and all that...

We saw this coming. I really wish Ted Cruze or someone equivalent had proposed a gun control bill with compromises. We give up bump stocks, have background checks at gunshows, a slightly enhanced background check, and a few other things, in exchange we get sbr's legal, suppressors treated and checked like firearms, and national reciprocity. A compromise bill would give us some things we want, and get some things off the table that the left wants. It kills a lot of their talking (and fund raising) points on both sides.

What do you mean, we already require background checks at gunshows... Unless you mean making private sales regulated.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Don't disagree with you '72. But "shaping the product" to make a semiautomatic weapon mimic a full automatic weapon, which big brother has chosen to regulate, to me circumvents the intent of their law (and I understand your point concerning intent vs spirit of the law). Same with "braces" and SBR's. Every time we find a loophole they will plug such loophole. Not saying there SHOULD be ANY regulations - there should not be - but there ARE these regulations unless and until we can do something about it legislatively.

There are no loopholes in the law. Something is either legal or it's not. The intent of the law does not define what is legal or illegal. The intent of the red light law is to force certain traffic to yield the right of way to other traffic at an intersection. If you stop at a red light and there's no other visible traffic, can you proceed because you have satisfied the intent of the law?

A full auto weapon fires multiple rounds with each pull of the trigger. A bump stock does not mimic that. The trigger moves for each round fired. As someone else pointed out, you can increase the rate at which the trigger is pulled without a bump stock. So following the intent of the law, any semi-auto rifle can be said to mimic a full auto rifle. A lightweight BCG can increase the rate of fire in a semi-auto rifle. Do those violate the intent? What about a trigger with a lighter pull? The danger of viewing the laws through intent is the arbitrary line it creates that can move based on someone's opinion.

I agree that the regulations should be repealed. But I don't see these things as circumventing the law or finding a loophole. I see them as complying with the law.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So I was the kid that would make a point to purposely push the red button when told not to.... So as far as this "ban" goes, if anyone wants to sell a bumpstock, I'll have cash in hand and be ready to meet you where ever in southern louisiana. If the ban goes through, I'll especially be buying every single one I can get just so they can sit in the closet, and I'll have em. lol

frhunter13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2018
    New Orleans
    Dont Need Belt Loop

Dont own one but I signed it. People don't understand you can do the same thing as a bump stock with your belt loop of your jeans. Next ban belt loops.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You can do it even without a belt loop actually. They will need to ban our off hand as well.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I signed it. I do not have one or want one. But the whole inch mile deal comes to play here.
    Plus I never want someone to start counting inches.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I signed it. I do not have one or want one. But the whole inch mile deal comes to play here.
    Plus I never want someone to start counting inches.

That whole inch mile thing is probably what got them banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Yeah, bumpstocks first. Next will be the non-aow shotguns and pistol braces. Uncle Sugar doesn’t like competition and each individual one of those things are keeping $200 out of Uncle Sugar’s pocket.

I hope I’m wrong.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

Bingo we have to do something! so let's do this. What's wrong with doing the right thing and setting aside some funds to further help the mentally handicapped! Does not the Citizens of the USA deserve that?
    Both Sides should agree on to that right? I am sure some of them are children! So it could even be for the Children. Ya know Since it Takes a Village even the Village Idiot should be on board

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Plain and simple we do not have the $ to hire buses. Fill them with paid protesters, rent rooms for them to stay in make signs etc.

georg jetson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Saw this ban coming for a while. I don't like ANY restrictive laws, especially firearms related, but when "we" (the 2A community) go out of our way to circumvent any law eventually "the man" will crack down on us. Same will happen with "pistol braces" that circumvent SBR rules the first time a thug or crazy uses one in a crime. We would be better served spending our time, energy and money to get the current restrictive laws changed for the better. Just my $0.02 and worth every cent you paid for it.
    Happy New Year BS'ers.

Hmmmm. There's no power in the constituion to regulate arms. In fact, the 2A specifically prevents it. Sounds like the NFA is the "circumvention" of the law to me.

The bump stock is an imaginitive answer to an absurd reality created by unconstitutional regulation. Repeal the NFA(or at least the Hughes amendment) and the bump stock disappears.

When the latest "gun violence" story was being plastered all over the propaganda channels, I called our Senators Bill and John and asked them "when are they going to do sometning about this senceless violence!" pick a federal firearm law and repeal it now. Let's repeal the 1968 Gun Control act for starters. Hey, if we can't get that done then maybe the other side will compromise and we can start by repealing the Brady bill. That's for sure a 'common sense" reasonable compromise.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom