7.62x39 AR OPINIONS-MOST RELIABLE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    yea that's why I was saying when you drop the mag the bolt will go home.. but might help with verifying empty mag before mag swap to see chamber empty vs cycling like ak to check chamber

TXAZ

BMG Neophyte
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Greenwood LA / Plano TX
    The best answer is:

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Saw
    I wanted one too, but got an AK. Couldn’t be happier with the AK.

and +1 Salute 45.

Buy the AK, not an AR in 7.62x39.
    I've owned 3 AK's and there's a secret. 100 Million units in the field from more than 100 countries can't be wrong.

If you want rock-solid reliability and to be able to resell for what you paid or more, buy a Norinco or Polytec.
    They are expensive, but rock solid as an "evil black rifle". Their value goes up everytime Nancy Peolsi, Chucky or Findastein opens their mouth.
    If you want a cheap AK, buy an import from a former eastern block country. Forget the US variants, their value is flakey.

But most of all HAVE FUN. (It's the most fun you can have outdoors with clothes on.)

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Galil Ace is all AK but with the modern touches. Great looking guns. I’ve got an old style 5.56 Galil and other than being heavy, they are super cool.
    +1000 on the Galil. got one in .308 about 30 years ago and still a great rifle.
    The PSA AK’s are very well built as well as smart. I found them to be more refined than most eastern bloc and Chinese AK’s and they’re compatible with all the Magpul stuff and most AK mil spec as far as I know.

Jay Ell Gee

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 21, 2015
    Baton Rouge, La
    If I was ever in the market (which I may be later this year), the Primary Weapons Systems (PWS) 7.62 Uppers with their long stroke piston systems would be high on my list. Soft shooting and very easily suppressed.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2019
    Madisonville, LA
    I have hunted with a SOTA arms upper (7.62x39) on a Palmetto State lower for the last 5 years. I also have Nikon pro staff glass on top.
    I run hollow point steel case ammo and have harvested every year with no FTF.
    Needles to say, I am extremely please with my set up. Hope this helps.

Scottr88

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Gonzales
    I have a 7.62X39 carbine upper and a PSA lower combination, with a Vortex 3X9X50 Diamondback riflescope on it.I\This gun will shoot.75MOA at 100 yards.I thought it would give me problems when I put it together, but it has ran fine,with more than 500 rounds through it as of now.I only shoot brass cased ammo.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Has anyone run a 7.5" barrel x39 build yet? My setup will cycle, but does not activate the bolt hold open after the last round of the mag. I have opened the gas port up, and have an adjustable gas block on it now, have not had time to test again since doing those 2 things.

I did hear that the chamber dimensions could be having an effect on the function... Might just be BS.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Has anyone run a 7.5" barrel x39 build yet? My setup will cycle, but does not activate the bolt hold open after the last round of the mag. I have opened the gas port up, and have an adjustable gas block on it now, have not had time to test again since doing those 2 things.

I did hear that the chamber dimensions could be having an effect on the function... Might just be BS.

Have you tinkered with buffer and spring weights yet?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I think you need to go the other way with the gas port adjustment,Sounds like its almost there!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Got to thinking about mine that just sits in the closet, Actually thinking about selling it to fund another project
    Sulzer lower ,Psa upper. 300 blk out Nikon scope
    4 Stoner mags Probley only less than 50 rds down the tube
    Extra BCG
    Here's a picture!

Attachments

• ak47.jpg
      ak47.jpg
      228.2 KB · Views: 56
    Last edited:

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    Have you tinkered with buffer and spring weights yet?
    Adjust gas, spring, and BCG moving mass one at a time to keep from chasing your tail. Cheap Russian steel ammo is inconsistent between brands (and even individual rounds) as compared to good stuff. Brake/flash hider will effect your gas too.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom