Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Important Reminders + Lessons Learned

Don't leave guns in your vehicle no matter how safe the location that is parked in. I re-learned this lesson this past week and am out a radar detector, pistol, TLR-6, and Sck Holster. In this case, I knew better but got in a rush to catch a ride to the airport to fly home.

Advise part two: Keep good comprehensive insurance on your car. I'm now learning that Geico only covers the first $200 of items stolen...so after my $250 deductible for the shattered window, I'll be getting a $200 check towards the lost items (provided I have a receipt).

Edits:

Part three: Keep a list (somewhere safe) of the serial number of all of you firearms and receipts if possible.

Part four: Firearm specific insurance may actually be worth it (still figuring this one out)
    Last edited by AustinBR; December 29th, 2018 at 02:58 PM.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

That sucks.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Home owners or renters insurance may cover "home" items that may be in the vehicle. But you do have to deal with the deductible and with the penalty of having made a claim.

On Target

Gold Member

User Info Menu

If you are a member of the NRA, their basic firearm policy should cover the pistol. May have to have signed up for the insurance though even if the basic is no additional cost over membership.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    If you are a member of the NRA, their basic firearm policy should cover the pistol. May have to have signed up for the insurance though even if the basic is no additional cost over membership.
    That is a good idea... I am a member and might have signed up for it. I'll go check right now.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Any idea on where to find this? I can't seem to find it.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

You have to call them. Mine were not covered since I loaned them to my dad. And were taken from his home.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    You have to call them. Mine were not covered since I loaned them to my dad. And were taken from his home.
    I called, got the claim packet, and need to fill it out. The guy on the phone thinks itll be covered.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I thought it would be. Now we just need someone to come along and say it is since.........................your car is an extension of your home in 3-2-1

Marksman

User Info Menu

m1k3 for the win! I’m going sign up for this right now. Guess there’s more to being an NRA member than pissing off liberals!
    “You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.”

-Winston Churchill