Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    -Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pas Tout La View Post
    m1k3 for the win! I’m going sign up for this right now. Guess there’s more to being an NRA member than pissing off liberals!
    Call and see you may have already. It is the same paperwork you send in for the insurance if ya get shot. When ya join they send yiu a packet to send back

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pas Tout La View Post
    m1k3 for the win! I’m going sign up for this right now. Guess there’s more to being an NRA member than pissing off liberals!
    They don't offer the free coverage anymore because some states said it was illegal to offer insurance without having any paid premium. All of the links to it are dead. The only way I found it was because I had the old email. I am seriously considering purchasing firearm insurance after this though. I also am likely going to lower my deductibles with Geico.

As for the $800 radar detector, I think I am just going to write it off and not worry about dealing with rental insurance. I wouldn't want the cost of that to go up. What are y'alls thoughts on that?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

On Target

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I did not know that they had discontinued the free insurance, but it was limited to only $1000 or $2000. Same thing with homeowners or renters insurance. Firearms coverage is pretty limited unless you pay for a separate rider. If you have more than a few firearms, the extra insurance through NRA is pretty reasonably priced.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

So I have a dashcam in my car that the thief popped off the windshield, but left (guess he didn't know what it was) on my seat...which means I get dashcam footage of him breaking in. Anyone with video software want to try to brighten the parts showing the thief up a bit? I have already sent the videos to the police, but I imagine it isn't a majorly important case to them since it was just one gun and a radar detector that were stolen.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/geo5pwj8t...CNQIXPS4a?dl=0
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Marksman

User Info Menu

Any idea what tipped them off to hit your car? Any surveillance video from the location? May have car coming and going of thief.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerberman View Post
    Any idea what tipped them off to hit your car? Any surveillance video from the location? May have car coming and going of thief.
    I had parked right next to a pillar and the guy used the pillar to conceal the window he broke/went in through. I imagine he broke in to get the radar detector. That's my best guess. Option two is that he scoped out the place and saw that my car hadn't moved for 3 days and assumed (correctly) that I had flown somewhere for the holidays.

Interestingly, he didn't take anything else in the car (including about $30 bucks that was next to the gun).
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    So I have a dashcam in my car that the thief popped off the windshield, but left (guess he didn't know what it was) on my seat...which means I get dashcam footage of him breaking in. Anyone with video software want to try to brighten the parts showing the thief up a bit? I have already sent the videos to the police, but I imagine it isn't a majorly important case to them since it was just one gun and a radar detector that were stolen.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/geo5pwj8t...CNQIXPS4a?dl=0
    I'll see what I can do with it.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Still working but it looks a little promising.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled Project.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	130.5 KB 
ID:	82812

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Still working on the zoom and some color correction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame-001000.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	82813

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Thanks Perez, I appreciate it.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan