Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I'm surprised Geico is covering any contents. Most auto policies don't. OTOH, your HO or renters policy provides coverage. Give them a call.
    "Be water, my friend..."

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LACamper View Post
    I'm surprised Geico is covering any contents. Most auto policies don't. OTOH, your HO or renters policy provides coverage. Give them a call.
    They wouldn't cover the radar as it's something made for cars :/
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My dad had the NRA premium coverage when some of his guns and bows were taken. They covered 3 handguns, a muzeloader, and a crossbow.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Austin, that sucks and I’m really sorry that happened to you. I have a terrible habit of leaving firearms in my truck. Sometimes 3-4 at a time... Granted, my truck is not one that anyone really wants to break into, but still, you never know and I really need to wise up.

Perez, that is amazing work you’ve done with the dash cam footage!
    Stephen WhoDat
    God Bless Our Troops!

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWhoDat View Post
    Austin, that sucks and I’m really sorry that happened to you. I have a terrible habit of leaving firearms in my truck. Sometimes 3-4 at a time... Granted, my truck is not one that anyone really wants to break into, but still, you never know and I really need to wise up.

Perez, that is amazing work you’ve done with the dash cam footage!
    Thanks! Yeah, it was one of those things that "never" happens until it happens. I'll be making a point to not leave anything in sight any longer. I will likely get another radar detector, but bring it inside and only use it for long trips.

Perez was also able to clean the video up a lot and I emailed it to the officer who came out and took the report. Hopefully, something is able to come of it. I might call next week and ask if a detective has been assigned or if there is any way they can do anything with the footage. Option B would be to see if a local news station wants to run it / a Crimestoppers type program. Anyone have insight into any of these options?
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Threadender

User Info Menu

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...da/2432377002/

Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore.

""It was a legally possessed weapon in the vehicle, which is an extension of the home," Moore said."

I laughed when I read this and thought about Bayoushooter.com. This is where that idea originates. The DA.
    Live and learn. Die and forget it all.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...da/2432377002/

Baton Rouge District Attorney Hillar Moore.

""It was a legally possessed weapon in the vehicle, which is an extension of the home," Moore said."

I laughed when I read this and thought about Bayoushooter.com. This is where that idea originates. The DA.
    We all knew that would happen. I even joked about it earlier in this thread. Hopefully the villain here will end up like in Cristmass Story and shoot his eye out. It is that time of year.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My son's pistol was stolen out of his truck. He always locks his truck, but they got in somehow without forced entry (slim Jim?). NRA wouldn't cover the loss.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    They wouldn't cover the radar as it's something made for cars :/
    Because of how often they were stolen about 20 years ago most policies specifically excluded them.
    "Be water, my friend..."

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampfoxx View Post
    My son's pistol was stolen out of his truck. He always locks his truck, but they got in somehow without forced entry (slim Jim?). NRA wouldn't cover the loss.
    I read through the fine print and it looks like I check all of the boxes (that I am aware of thus far). The vehicle was locked in a secured complex and a window was broken to get in. Police came out and did a full report. We shall see. I need to get the police report first and go from there.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan