GSSF Glock Match @ Ascension Sheriff Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Attention Glock Owners
    The East Ascension Practical Shooters are hosting a GSSF Match at the APSO Range off of St. Landry road.
    The date is for January 12 & 13. You must be a member of GSSF to shoot and yes folks you can only shoot Glock pistols. The match starts at 0900 both mornings and registration stops at 1400 both days, that’s 2pm. There will be 3 stages of fire and you will need less than 100 rounds of ammo per gun. You can find all the rules on the GSSF web site. You may join GSSF at the match.

Send me a pm if you have any questions.

Bryan

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Depends on how many show up at any given time. Last year you could have shot the match in about an hour of range time. Time on the range is relative to how many shooters are ahead of you. No way to tell when’s the best time to be there.

Bryan

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We had 220 guns registered last year and that was down from the year before. We took it was due to the freezing temperatures we had on those days. Point is the wait times were very minimal. Most just walked up to the stage an were able to shoot.

Bryan

Last edited:

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The time is getting close. Don’t forget this weekend the GSSF Match will be held at the Ascension Sheriff’s Range on St Landry Rd.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It’s this weekend folks. Don’t forget. We’ll be setting up tomorrow afternoon, to be ready first thing Saturday morning.

Bryan

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    It was a fun match, and didn't take that long after getting signed up for GSSF and all. It was nice to actually try my new Glock out without having to buy a rig for it to shoot at a USPSA or IDPA match.

I'm just glad I got to shoot BEFORE Blake on my 2nd stage of the day yesterday, he's kind of a hard act to follow. ;)

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Awesome match. Can't wait to see the results. It was great to see first timers there, and some real pros. I think everyone had a great time.

Mike

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I had a great time Shoot and RO'ing (5 to Glock) the match.

Civilian - G17 - 4th out of 55
    Pocket - G43 - 3rd out of 29
    Unlimited - G34 - 19th out of 26

I had a lot of issue in unlimited. Light Strikes and Red Dot kept going out. Found I had a broken firing pin spring Glock Armor replaced and the red dot, poor connection on the battery. Tweaked the contacts and was good to go.
    I believe the only thing that kept me from being last in unlimited was getting things straighten out for the plate rack and having a pretty decent times.

Maybe I should have run Civilian and Pocket first and not Unlimited, maybe I wouldn't have been so aggravated and could have done better.

No matter what, I had a great time (except in Unlimited)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom