Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bryanbag View Post
    I had a great time Shoot and RO'ing (5 to Glock) the match.

Civilian - G17 - 4th out of 55
    Pocket - G43 - 3rd out of 29
    Unlimited - G34 - 19th out of 26

I had a lot of issue in unlimited. Light Strikes and Red Dot kept going out. Found I had a broken firing pin spring Glock Armor replaced and the red dot, poor connection on the battery. Tweaked the contacts and was good to go.
    I believe the only thing that kept me from being last in unlimited was getting things straighten out for the plate rack and having a pretty decent times.

Maybe I should have run Civilian and Pocket first and not Unlimited, maybe I wouldn't have been so aggravated and could have done better.

No matter what, I had a great time (except in Unlimited)
    Good Shooting. A broken FPS is not very common.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Good Shooting. A broken FPS is not very common.

It wasn't a factory spring.
    I have the ZEV ultimate trigger kit installed, with the 2 lb striker spring and about 20,000 on that spring. To get be back in the game I put the factory spring back in.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

It wasn't a factory spring.
    I have the ZEV ultimate trigger kit installed, with the 2 lb striker spring and about 20,000 on that spring. To get be back in the game I put the factory spring back in.
    As you know the FPS should have been replaced long ago. It is actually a 4# spring.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I had a great time Shoot and RO'ing (5 to Glock) the match.

Civilian - G17 - 4th out of 55
    Pocket - G43 - 3rd out of 29
    Unlimited - G34 - 19th out of 26
    Nice work! I was proud to place 8th in the civvy division. I was shooting my bone-stock 19X with about 2,000 rounds down the pipe, so it's broken in enough to have smoothed out nicely. That was the first competition I've shot in about 2 years and the first time I've competed with a Glock (I normally compete with an M&P), and I was impressed with how smoothly everything went - especially given the wet conditions. A tip of the hat to the RO's.

What do you have to do to be an RO at one of those?

I'm definitely going to try to make it to some of the other GSSF outdoor matches.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

We use ROs from the various USPSA groups in the area. They all have training as ROs, which makes it simpler for all concerned. I would guess you could contact the leader of East Ascension Practical Shooters and ask to be placed on the RO list. You can contact him on the EAPS web page.

Beauxdog

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    As you know the FPS should have been replaced long ago. It is actually a 4# spring.
    Oh I know, it's just been working for so long (years). I didn't even think about it.