Shooting update that the LSU players were involved in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    Did you notice the Chief say in that segment the cops would make sure the gun was registered to you?

I picked the video and times.

The point of the whole thread is many people really cringe at the public use of the term extension your home. Does everyone just automatically think that special codephase conveys the fact you can have a loaded gun in your car? Why not just say it. It seems to be a lot less cumbersome to say *in Louisiana it is legal to have a loaded gun in your glovebox* or whatever the circumstances are. It is a platitude not well received by many people.

If The NOLA Chief of Police sees me cleaning my gun On my couch thru the window of my house from the public sidewalk and wants to run the numbers to check to see if it registered to be...what should I tell him? This paragraph is intended to be in the sarcasm font.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I picked the video and times.

The point of the whole thread is many people really cringe at the public use of the term extension your home. Does everyone just automatically think that special codephase conveys the fact you can have a loaded gun in your car? Why not just say it. It seems to be a lot less cumbersome to say *in Louisiana it is legal to have a loaded gun in your glovebox* or whatever the circumstances are. It is a platitude not well received by many people.

If The NOLA Chief of Police sees me cleaning my gun On my couch thru the window of my house from the public sidewalk and wants to run the numbers to check to see if it registered to be...what should I tell him? This paragraph is intended to be in the sarcasm font.

Yes, you did pick the video and the times. The times correspond to a segment but do not ensure that you memorized everything he said in that segment. Wait...are you Harrison?

I'm curious who the chief expects the cops to check with to ensure the guns are registered to that person.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yes, you did pick the video and the times. The times correspond to a segment but do not ensure that you memorized everything he said in that segment. Wait...are you Harrison?

I'm curious who the chief expects the cops to check with to ensure the guns are registered to that person.

Sorry, I overestimated the acuity of my posts. Thought I built up enough street cred. I’m well aware of who is going to answer the Chief when he calls to check my gun registration. The same people that pave my streets in NOLA. Same folks that build toys at the North Pole. All three groups are a figment of someone’s imagination...which why I’m being so critical. Ignorance is not cool (speaking of Harrison) when you are literally top cop in town.

Dude, some people feel strongly about the phase extension of the home. Just because people (cops, DAs) say it doesn’t mean it is awesome. I said it before, it is a platitude. It is cumbersome. It does such a poor job of conveying meaning. ESPECIALLY on such and important topic of possessing a firearm in vehicle.

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville

How can the police ensure a gun is registered when there is no law to register it? (thinking out loud) How many members have registered their gun(s)? If I am pulled over none of my are. Was the meaning to check to see if the gun has been reported stolen?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If this shooting had a political narrative they would have already interviewed the people at the factory that built the weapon, shipped the weapon, received the weapon, logged the weapon, sold the weapon, bought the weapon, and had a complete social media history and personal history from day one of life. Oh wait that’s just if they were white male Conservatives. Yes this investigation could take years. My bad.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    How can the police ensure a gun is registered when there is no law to register it? (thinking out loud) How many members have registered their gun(s)? If I am pulled over none of my are. Was the meaning to check to see if the gun has been reported stolen?

I actually think the question is a long running joke in the police dept. It's just to see a person's reaction to the question.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I believe he had already mentioned checking to make sure it wasn't stolen.

I actually think the question is a long running joke in the police dept. It's just to see a person's reaction to the question.

I wish I could say you were right.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    I wish I could say you were right.

Bravo for acknowledging this. It is unfortunate that the concept of gun registration has become a colloquialism around some circles, including LEO. Educating and speaking correcting on the subject is important and why I posted the clip of Harrison blowing it 40 secs after he utters the dead horse phase. It may be a stretch to relate the extention phase to gun registration:deadhorse:..but it may not. You can’t go wrong being precise and being correct about what you say on these important topics.

Cheers to everyone for being civil. It wasn’t this way years ago.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Bravo for acknowledging this. It is unfortunate that the concept of gun registration has become a colloquialism around some circles, including LEO. Educating and speaking correcting on the subject is important and why I posted the clip of Harrison blowing it 40 secs after he utters the dead horse phase. It may be a stretch to relate the extention phase to gun registration:deadhorse:..but it may not. You can’t go wrong being precise and being correct about what you say on these important topics.

Cheers to everyone for being civil. It wasn’t this way years ago.

I try to be as honest as I can. There are some cops, it seems like most of them are the older ones, who are just ignorant of current gun laws. I had to show a coworker the LSP site talking about reciprocity to keep him from charging a guy with Illegal Carrying of a Weapon when the guy had a permit from Mississippi. When I told him it was valid here he looked like I had just told him the Saints were going to win a second Super Bowl until I showed him the site. Now the guy was carrying in a bar so I he was taking a ride anyway but still.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    Good on ya. Happy to hear about people doing the right thing. That is what this thread is at its core. Civil discourse to keep all of the *good guys* on the same page on relevant topics that are obviously important. It is what the people with polar opposite beliefs do so well sometimes with their talking points and attacks. Informed trumps ignorance.

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Moore said because the gun was used within a vehicle, which is considered an extension of the home, the user doesn’t need additional qualifications like a concealed carry permit like they would possessing a gun in public, for example.

I can't believe Moore said that.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_b4d9d01a-0b95-11e9-b0dd-a727144c13bb.html

Why do you have an issue with what Moore said? That is an accurate description of Louisiana law concerning a firearm in a vehicle.

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    I do not have a problem with any of the terminology used. As it relates to firearms, being given the same consideration in ones car, as if one were in their home. In this case it is clearly a firearms related case. As such it may not be correct, but descriptively accurate.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Public indecency laws

Those laws do not distinguish between a home or car. Those laws relate to what can be seen by the public. If you own a large amount of wooded property and you drive to the middle of the property and have relations, it's not illegal because it is in a car. If you stand naked in your front window and wave at the elementary school kids walking by, it is a violation of the public indecency laws, even though you are within your home.

The "car is an extension" thing has a very limited scope. It deals pretty exclusively with firearms.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Those laws do not distinguish between a home or car. Those laws relate to what can be seen by the public. If you own a large amount of wooded property and you drive to the middle of the property and have relations, it's not illegal because it is in a car. If you stand naked in your front window and wave at the elementary school kids walking by, it is a violation of the public indecency laws, even though you are within your home.

The "car is an extension" thing has a very limited scope. It deals pretty exclusively with firearms.

It's not an extension of your home though. There are specific exemptions to the law that happen to cover both homes and vehicles, but it doesn't make an "extension of the home".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom