Shooting update that the LSU players were involved in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    Most of the other methods of travel, especially aviation would fall under the Federal Safe Passage Act. If you have a Concealed carry then you are good to go in any state legal for you to carry. Otherwise you would need to follow the regulations of the Federal Safe Passage Act. Louisiana law specifically states your motor vehicle. I am not sure why it is hard for anyone to understand that this is a very specific piece of legislation, clearly defined in scope.

Honestly it has as much to do with use of force, as it does how or where you can carry. In relationship to a firearm, your vehicle is given the same consideration as your Home in Louisiana.

Federal safe passage act gives you the right to transport your firearm through a state it would otherwise be illegal for you to possess such firearm given you meet certain storage guidelines. As long as it is legal for you to possess the firearm legally at your destination.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    "Extension of your home" - The gift that keeps on giving.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    Most of the other methods of travel, especially aviation would fall under the Federal Safe Passage Act. If you have a Concealed carry then you are good to go in any state legal for you to carry. Otherwise you would need to follow the regulations of the Federal Safe Passage Act. Louisiana law specifically states your motor vehicle. I am not sure why it is hard for anyone to understand that this is a very specific piece of legislation, clearly defined in scope.

Honestly it has as much to do with use of force, as it does how or where you can carry. In relationship to a firearm, your vehicle is given the same consideration as your Home in Louisiana.

Federal safe passage act gives you the right to transport your firearm through a state it would otherwise be illegal for you to possess such firearm given you meet certain storage guidelines. As long as it is legal for you to possess the firearm legally at your destination.

Somehow I just can’t turn away from this dumpster fire. 10 years I’ve read this site and managed to not get suckered in...

Sir, the Federal Safe Passage Act doesn’t have anything to do with my home. So by your own logic it invalidates any use of the phase “extension of your home” as it relates to my gun in my car.

Moving on, YOUR interpretation of the extension phase is that it relates to use of force. Fine with me, because that is further proves the point that saying “car is an extension of home” is silly at best and crazy beyond imagination use of a colloquial platitude at worst. Definitely doesn’t have anything to do with my house. Why anyone would want to use that phase to discuss in correct and explicit terms anything as important as deadly force and weapons possession is beyond me. Arguing otherwise is almost as silly as me taking the time to type this.

I wish you all well because at least it seems we are all the “good guys”.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That's great I don't have to leave my gun at home when I go to the VA in Baton Rouge next week. I'll just tell them my truck is a extension of my home and I can have a gun in my home. :)

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Your vehicle is not an extension of your home. If so, fornicating in your car in public would be perfectly legal.

Context is everything! Moore’s quote was in regards to a firearm in the car and protecting oneself while in that car. So in that context, his statement was correct. He didn’t say, nor was it in the context of, everything legal in a home is legal in a car. (Plus fornicating in your home could be illegal too if it can be seen from outside the home).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    Context is everything! Moore’s quote was in regards to a firearm in the car and protecting oneself while in that car. So in that context, his statement was correct. He didn’t say, nor was it in the context of, everything legal in a home is legal in a car. (Plus fornicating in your home could be illegal too if it can be seen from outside the home).

Just confirm for everyone that you are arguing that the phase *extension of your home* is a great idea to use by a LEO or DA on a regular basis to illustrate what rights you have in your car? Confirm for us that everyone knows the rights you have in your home so well, that saying your vehicle is the same is the perfect way to convey a message?

Context is everything. Your words. You could not be more correct. It is so important that Moore has to spell out exactly what we are talking about here (gun in car OK in Louisiana). That alone nullifies any need for some urban legend platitude tacked on to....AT A VERY MINIMUM cause a raised eyebrow and a...huh?

I love the word platitude, can you tell? Is it not the perfect descriptor for this?

Last edited:

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Just confirm for everyone that you are arguing that the phase *extension of your home* is a great idea to use by a LEO or DA on a regular basis to illustrate what rights you have in your car? Confirm for us that everyone knows the rights you have in your home so well, that saying your vehicle is the same is the perfect way to convey a message?

Context is everything. Your words. You could not be more correct. It is so important that Moore has to spell out exactly what we are talking about here (gun in car OK in Louisiana). That alone nullifies any need for some urban legend platitude tacked on to....AT A VERY MINIMUM cause a raised eyebrow and a...huh?

I love the word platitude, can you tell? Is it not the perfect descriptor for this?

I never said that it’s “a great idea”. A great idea would be for the DA to be more specific. What I am saying is that you and several others are blowing this way the hell out of proportion and trying to apply his statement to situations that are outside of the context under which the original statement was made.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    Are you asking if the word is a perfect descriptor for your repeated use of the word?

This could be fun to pick apart too, but alas, I feel like THPerez’s and Tigerish’s opinions are actually at odds with each other. This happens to do an excellent job of proving the point that *extension of your home* is a sloppy use of language to describe anything.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This could be fun to pick apart too, but alas, I feel like THPerez’s and Tigerish’s opinions are actually at odds with each other. This happens to do an excellent job of proving the point that *extension of your home* is a sloppy use of language to describe anything.

I don't see where our opinions are at odds with each other.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    I never said that it’s *a great idea*. A great idea would be for the DA to be more specific. What I am saying is that you and several others are blowing this way the hell out of proportion and trying to apply his statement to situations that are outside of the context under which the original statement was made.

Bingo. I agree 100%!!! The fact the myself and several others can make that leap is the problem. There is no reason to argue that being anything less than specific on these subjects is the right thing. Why we argue that throwing a casual phase around is anything but unfortunate (from the first page).

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom