Shooting update that the LSU players were involved in

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Moore said because the gun was used within a vehicle, which is considered an extension of the home, the user doesn’t need additional qualifications like a concealed carry permit like they would possessing a gun in public, for example.

I can't believe Moore said that.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_b4d9d01a-0b95-11e9-b0dd-a727144c13bb.html

Robberies like this are becoming more and more frequent. If selling something like this and meeting on the road in some secluded area be very cautious especially with a firearm transfer.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Moore said because the gun was used within a vehicle, which is considered an extension of the home, the user doesn’t need additional qualifications like a concealed carry permit like they would possessing a gun in public, for example.

I can't believe Moore said that.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/crime_police/article_b4d9d01a-0b95-11e9-b0dd-a727144c13bb.html

I read the foolish statement in the Advocate today.

What part of the statement do you guys disagree with? Are either of you suggesting you can’t have a firearm in your vehicle without a concealed weapon permit? Or the fact that he didn’t say, ‘posessing a CONCEALED gun in public’?

Last edited:

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    What part of the statement do you guys disagree with? Are either of you suggesting you can’t have a firearm in your vehicle without a concealed weapon permit? Or the fact that he didn’t say, ‘posessing a CONCEALED gun in public’?

I don’t know how to do the popcorn emoji but I want to.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA

The real issue is the whole vehicle is an extension of your home thing. Plus, as the article wasn't quoting Moore, I suspect they paraphrased him with more common lingo than he would have used.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

He could have left it at it was legal for them to have the gun in the vehicle if they were legal and the gun was legal. And not stirred up the extension of your home crowd that will only see that and run with it.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    He could have left it at it was legal for them to have the gun in the vehicle if they were legal and the gun was legal. And not stirred up the extension of your home crowd that will only see that and run with it.

What Charlie12 said!

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    You are all assuming that what the reporter wrote and the editor possibly rewrote was exactly what was said, and all that Moore said on the subject. There were no quotes in that paragraph.

I hold reporters at the same level of believability as used car salesmen and suspects who claim "these aren't my pants."

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I don't understand what the problem is?
    Clearly the constitution states you can only conceal carry after you have been photographed and fingerprinted,background checked and pay a FEE to the government.
    But if your a convicted felon then you will obey the law that states that thee shall not possess even a fingernail clipper.

Cars were not invented when the constitution was written so that BS extension of my home only applies to your buggy and mule.

You are allowed to open carry a musket in your buggy however when going from point A to point B, I hope this clears up any misconceptions on what rights you think you have vs being pulled over by LEO's !!!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Could you provide an example of what could be stirred up? I'm having a difficult time figure out what was so bad about what he said. As long as Moore was talking about possessing a concealed gun in public, his comments, and/or the interpretation of his comments, seem to be accurate. I can't see the problem with accurately telling people what their rights are.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Could you provide an example of what could be stirred up? I'm having a difficult time figure out what was so bad about what he said. As long as Moore was talking about possessing a concealed gun in public, his comments, and/or the interpretation of his comments, seem to be accurate. I can't see the problem with accurately telling people what their rights are.

Because the people that know nothing about guns or our law take just those 4 words and run with it to cover everything they want it to fit

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Because the people that know nothing about guns or our law take just those 4 words and run with it to cover everything they want it to fit

I appreciate the reply and I'm not trying to be argumentative but that didn't clear anything up. Do you have an example to show what you're talking about?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Oh I got it. Yeah, prolly the media putting the polish on it.
    But ya never know. Many folks get brainwashed today and wind up saying stuff just such as that simply because of repetitive conditioning, for example: high capacity magazines.. assault rifles... etc.
    I didn’t want to assume anyone here believed that you couldn’t keep a gun in the truck or even on your person without a CHP.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I guess it's legal for me to have sex (with myself or someone else) in my car now in E. Baton Rouge since the car is an extension of my house. I should have no fear of the D.A. pressing charges against me, right?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I guess it's legal for me to have sex (with myself or someone else) in my car now in E. Baton Rouge since the car is an extension of my house. I should have no fear of the D.A. pressing charges against me, right?

Yes, it is as long as it's not in public view. So cover your windows and you should be ok. Otherwise it would be the same thing as if you have sex (with yourself or someone else) in the front window in view of the public.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    This is awesome. We literally haven’t done this in years. I wish we still had some of the older crew around here for this one.

Top Bottom